nVidia 8500GT not working during boot-up

Platano

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Gigabyte 8500GT that isn't working correctly. No matter what connection its using (DVI or VGA) it won't work during boot up so i am unable to go into bios or reinstall an operating system. It does however show up a picture as soon as Vista is loaded. I have had this card for nearly a year now and it has worked with no problems. Is there any reason to why it works in OS but not in BIOS?

well Banana, u have to test that card on another PC to make sure that your problem is really the vid card, it's the fastest and easiest way.

Wouldn't hurt to reset the bios by removing/reinserting the cmos battery etc....

Try what she said first ^^^

Thanks to you all but i have tried both things and neither have worked. My other computer which is a server has onboard video so i cant just swap out cards. The other setup i have is a laptop. Also cleared the CMOS but it didnt fix the problem either. Any other idea of what I could do?

disable onboard vid in the bios or set as pcie as the default. one or the other. if not avail, the board prob jus runs the onboard natively and once the drivers load it says hey run the 8500. you could verify by plugging into the onboard during boot.

the MB where it wont work on is the Blood Iron and that has no on onboard video. Also i am not even ab le to access bios because i get absolutely no picture.

Back