NVIDIA 81.98 MCE Drivers - No Analog HD?

Fluke

Limp Gawd
The new 81.98 drivers are out in an MCE flavor and just tried to update from the last MCE version, 77.79. Using a 6600 GT with analog component video output. After updating I could no longer select the HDTV formats. SD only. Reverted to 77.79 and HD formats are selectable again. Could Hollywood have gotten to NVIDIA and closed off analog HD output? Or am I just paranoid?

Fluke said:
The new 81.98 drivers are out in an MCE flavor and just tried to update from the last MCE version, 77.79. Using a 6600 GT with analog component video output. After updating I could no longer select the HDTV formats. SD only. Reverted to 77.79 and HD formats are selectable again. Could Hollywood have gotten to NVIDIA and closed off analog HD output? Or am I just paranoid?

I thought I saw something in the release notes about hdtv options being fixed on sd output. Maybe they broke it on hd outputs as well. I think you're paranoid about nvidia being forced into changing something.

The NVIDIA docs indicate that early 6600 firmware had component out problems with MCE. I've emailed LeadTek support to see it that applies to 6600GTs.

All 80 up series drivers wont give me analog HD with a Leadtek 6200agp and Windows XP.

It took alot of fighting to get one of my customers htpc's up with a eVGA 660gt using component out. I haven't experienced such a problem with my XFX thoughI will try again with the newer drivers for testing sake.

Back