nVidia 66.00 drivers

tsuba

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
13
Is it worth using these? (I have a eVGA 6800 Ultra)

Will I need to reinstall coolbits2?

Will nView still work?
 
worth it...

yes, you'll have to redo coolbits

nView works just fine...the big changes are the control panel layout is less cramped and you get a solid performance boost in Doom3...
 
^eMpTy^ said:
worth it...

yes, you'll have to redo coolbits

nView works just fine...the big changes are the control panel layout is less cramped and you get a solid performance boost in Doom3...

The 66.00's don't like my setup one bit, i drop down to 20 FPS in D3 timedemo, went back to the 65.62's for now.

Don't really understand why they don't like my system I even tried em again this morning after using a driver cleaner and still same thing. Without AA on I get 39.4 FPS in timedemo 1600x1200 high quality, with 4x AA on it drops by half to 20.1 FPS, using the 65.62's I get 42.7 FPS with 4xAA on and I confirmed that it is indeed on and working properly with them.

At any rate, they don't work on all systems but they are worth at least trying out.
 
OKay, thanks for the help. Ill give them a try tonight when I get home :)

Should I use a driver cleaner before installing them? If so, where can I get a good one?
 
tsuba said:
OKay, thanks for the help. Ill give them a try tonight when I get home :)

Should I use a driver cleaner before installing them? If so, where can I get a good one?

I never use a cleaner. Just remove the drivers from the Add/Remove Programs, reboot, then install the 66.00s.
 
Awsome thanks!

I will do a farcry and doom timedemo to see what I get before and after.
Never really did a comparison like that before.
 
I got good results in all my games but it screwed up all the colour in media player.

I liked them but they have to go so I can watch films etc.

Anyone else get this
 
They had great video game performance, but I too had the DVD/Video playback color issues, so I went back to the 61.77's.
 
I would suggest doing a complete driver removale using Driver Cleaner 3......it will get even the windows gf drivers out.....I always use a driver cleaner.......helps remove files that get left behind by add remove programs...and believe me...it does leave files behind
 
Back
Top