So my 4870x2 is due to arrive any minute from UPS (woot BB) and I've seen a lot of posts about using the 8.8 beta drivers instead of the 8.7 release drivers. But I don't see where to get them, perhaps I just overlooked something but I don't see where to download them. All I could find on AMD's site was the 8.7 drivers.
The last Radeon I owned was the 9700 Pro, so I'm sure the look/feel has changed a bit from what I remember. AMD's site has two ways of installing the drivers, a one part system and a two part system. Is one any better than the other? Or.....?
Also, since I'm going from some old 7900 GTO's in SLI to the 4870x2 I'd like to make sure I give the new card as clean an environment as I can.
OS = Vista64
Mobo = 780i
My understanding of what I should do is:
1) uninstall the nVidia GFX drivers
2) run driver cleaner (only found a 32bit XP version, not sure if there is a Vista64 one yet). Or do you not need Driver Cleaner for Vista?
3) install new card & drivers
4) play games
5) play more games etc...
That should about right?
Thanks in advance!
The last Radeon I owned was the 9700 Pro, so I'm sure the look/feel has changed a bit from what I remember. AMD's site has two ways of installing the drivers, a one part system and a two part system. Is one any better than the other? Or.....?
Also, since I'm going from some old 7900 GTO's in SLI to the 4870x2 I'd like to make sure I give the new card as clean an environment as I can.
OS = Vista64
Mobo = 780i
My understanding of what I should do is:
1) uninstall the nVidia GFX drivers
2) run driver cleaner (only found a 32bit XP version, not sure if there is a Vista64 one yet). Or do you not need Driver Cleaner for Vista?
3) install new card & drivers
4) play games
5) play more games etc...
That should about right?
Thanks in advance!