NVIDIA 3D VISION SURROUND Experience @ [H]

Thanks for replying. The more I searched the more I heard that over and over. I was hoping it was just a misunderstanding about the dvi and hdmi being shared like I said. I guess the non-reference gtx460's and 570's that have a display port won't bring it up to driving 3 monitors after all.

I'll prob have to go with ati then.
 
Yes currently you can only drive two monitors with any single nVidia card and you need at least two cards to drive nVidia Surround.
 
Thanks for replying. The more I searched the more I heard that over and over. I was hoping it was just a misunderstanding about the dvi and hdmi being shared like I said. I guess the non-reference gtx460's and 570's that have a display port won't bring it up to driving 3 monitors after all.

I'll prob have to go with ati then.

ATI's 3D implementation is not quite ready for prime time, so if you require an incremental approach you will be better served just getting 3 non 3d monitors.
 
Still, it is a single-card solution.

That said, it's now a fairly old card. It'd be nice to see something like a Dual-GTX460 for the express purpose of running single-card surround.
 
Back
Top