So, apparently I just got screwed. Since it's a god damn jungle out there in the IT world, I either bought the wrong monitor, OR have to return the NVIDIA 3D kit. I can't get it to work. And apparently, there are only like 20 monitors in the world where this is supported on. (Yes, I'm a bit pissed at the moment, because I was actually looking forward to this).
I've looked a bit around the forums, and it seems like there IS a workaround to get this to work, although some people say it's not all that good.
As the title says, I have the Samsung S27A950D 27" screen. Which I actually waited for to be released. Said 3D ready, I thought, great! Now I just need the 3D vision kit from NVIDIA, and I'm set! Guess I was wrong. I am also using a DVI-D dual link cable from the PC to the monitor, but as a lot of people have probably guessed, the 3D set up does NOT recognise any 3D monitors. Which pisses me off, since it's 3D ready for christs sake!
Anyways, I would really apreciate any help in this matter, do I return the 3D vision kit? Or is it worth trying to get this to work. Is there any alternatives? I must be honest and say I thought NVIDIA 3D vision was for NVIDIA cards, and as long as the monitor supported 3D, you were good to go. But I gueses not. What else is there to do? Using GTX 570.
Thanks in advance. Still pretty frustrated. Sorry for any rant.
I've looked a bit around the forums, and it seems like there IS a workaround to get this to work, although some people say it's not all that good.
As the title says, I have the Samsung S27A950D 27" screen. Which I actually waited for to be released. Said 3D ready, I thought, great! Now I just need the 3D vision kit from NVIDIA, and I'm set! Guess I was wrong. I am also using a DVI-D dual link cable from the PC to the monitor, but as a lot of people have probably guessed, the 3D set up does NOT recognise any 3D monitors. Which pisses me off, since it's 3D ready for christs sake!
Anyways, I would really apreciate any help in this matter, do I return the 3D vision kit? Or is it worth trying to get this to work. Is there any alternatives? I must be honest and say I thought NVIDIA 3D vision was for NVIDIA cards, and as long as the monitor supported 3D, you were good to go. But I gueses not. What else is there to do? Using GTX 570.
Thanks in advance. Still pretty frustrated. Sorry for any rant.