• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

nVidia 257 WHQL released

based on the notes, still no sign of surround/3d surround :( Only two weeks left for your deadline Nvidia!
 
Impressive stats for whats done with this driver but it still fails to include 3d surround per notes. What is it now , like 2 weeks left or so ?
 
"Please take note of our 0.5% performance increase and be happy.

Surround? What surround? You must be thinking of some other company..."
 
I have a feeling that you will see NV Vision Surround very very soon. I think NV will hold good on its last statement on delivery of this technology.
 
For the sake of my new 3x25.5" mounted display setup, I hope you're right. I just find it incomprehensible that they'd leak 32-bit betas of the tech and not 64-bit. It's like leaking the Xbox 720 with a copy of Mario Bros.

Hey don't diss mario brothers, it's a classic!
I have to think that the 32 bit driver leak was intentional to at least get customers to see, hey something is coming, it's not just 'wood screws', LOL.
 
Anyone have any problems with these so far?

I've been staying away from upgrading these in fear of my card dying as I have no warranty on this (received it from a friend who got it in a Gateway, it's stock straight from nVidia). I haven't upgraded my drivers since 191 due to all the problems nVidia's drivers have been having lately.
 
If borderlands works with surround I'd sell off my 5870 in a heartbeat.
 
These drivers are 100% useless for me. They force my CRT (monitor) into a frequency range that can't work. So the monitor gives an invalid frequency error on the login screen. How do I know its the login screen if I cant see it. Cause it plays the start up sound. Don't know what these drivers are doing or why they would try to use a refresh rate or screen res that's outside the range of my monitor.
 
I know the release notes don't say it specifically like it does for the 400 series cards, but would the 200 series cards see any performance bump (>=5%) ?
 
I know the release notes don't say it specifically like it does for the 400 series cards, but would the 200 series cards see any performance bump (>=5%) ?

I think they've squeezed all the performance outta the 200 series you will ever see.
 
I think they've squeezed all the performance outta the 200 series you will ever see.
the last couple of drivers seemed to help my gtx260 in Crysis for sure though. I can actually play that game reasonably well on DX10 very high settings now where last year that wasnt even close to possible.
 
If borderlands works with surround I'd sell off my 5870 in a heartbeat.

If borderlands works with surround but not Eyefinity I'm going to raise hell. Why? Because it means Nvidia paid the devs to patch in proper FOV support for nvidia hardware only - which would be complete bullshit.

Support for Surround and Eyefinity only requires proper support of widescreen, there aren't any special APIs to be called or anything, just setting the FOV correctly.
 
I seriously doubt that is going to happen. They haven't even gotten the damn drivers out yet, so it's unlikely they've had time to pay people off.
 
If borderlands works with surround but not Eyefinity I'm going to raise hell. Why? Because it means Nvidia paid the devs to patch in proper FOV support for nvidia hardware only - which would be complete bullshit.

Support for Surround and Eyefinity only requires proper support of widescreen, there aren't any special APIs to be called or anything, just setting the FOV correctly.

Sounds like something Nvidia would do and something the devs would do as well.
 
After installing, got a freeze up. Did the uninstall, driver sweeper and reinstall and the desktop was a small box in the middle of the screen. Then issues trying to uninstall, but finally got that done with sweeper again.
Just installed the 197.13 drivers again and all is great. First time ever having issues installing a new NV driver. :(
 
Last edited:
well something is coming out in the next few months I'm still kicking myself for not making it to the shareholders meeting.
 
working fine here for me... though I'm using an older card GTX 295

Played Crysis for awhile, everything is working as usual. No overheating or anything like that :p

Win 7 64bit
 
well something is coming out in the next few months I'm still kicking myself for not making it to the shareholders meeting.

just bought a 470GTX - hope I don't regret it if something is around the corner :(
 
These drivers are 100% useless for me. They force my CRT (monitor) into a frequency range that can't work. So the monitor gives an invalid frequency error on the login screen. How do I know its the login screen if I cant see it. Cause it plays the start up sound. Don't know what these drivers are doing or why they would try to use a refresh rate or screen res that's outside the range of my monitor.

You have a pretty impressive rig there so ditch the CRT & get with the times :p. Although I'm sure you have an LCD monitor. Did not download the drivers myself yet but plan to get around to it later on.
 
Tried them out last night - no stability difference between these and the betas, both are rock solid. Didn't have time to do much benchmarking but I got the same exact frame rate in the AVP benchmark as I did with the betas.
 
Anyone notice lag spikes? and now unable to disable nvvsvc which i tested to be causing the lag spikes.
Edit scatch that i was able to disable it. But lag spikes still remain. 295GTX card went back to last 1.9745 all seems fine again.
 
Last edited:
Wow, when did they make the big number jump? I downloaded a new driver a month or two ago that was in the 190's.
 
Anyone notice lag spikes? and now unable to disable nvvsvc which i tested to be causing the lag spikes.
Edit scatch that i was able to disable it. But lag spikes still remain. 295GTX card went back to last 1.9745 all seems fine again.

How would I recreate this issue to test it ? (The lag spikes)
 
You have a pretty impressive rig there so ditch the CRT & get with the times :p. Although I'm sure you have an LCD monitor. Did not download the drivers myself yet but plan to get around to it later on.

I'll just have to wait. Nvidia should of had another round of beta. There were lots of bugs reported in the nvidia forums. I don't own an LCD. Till LCD tech reaches that of CRT tech or my CRT dies on me then i'll switch :)

Only LCD I have is my HDTV.
 
Anyone notice lag spikes? and now unable to disable nvvsvc which i tested to be causing the lag spikes.
Edit scatch that i was able to disable it. But lag spikes still remain. 295GTX card went back to last 1.9745 all seems fine again.

Do you have MSI afterburner, EVGA precision or Rivatuner installed? If so, uninstall it and try 275.21 again.
 
If borderlands works with surround but not Eyefinity I'm going to raise hell.

What are you gonna do, write a forums post about it? Nvidia has disappointed and let down customers majorly for a year now and all the internet bickering in the world doesn't seem to be correcting that trend.
 
nope no afterburner or EVGA precision, Rivatuner installed. all stock no changed settings.

And as far As spikes its like every 5 sec or so while in most games. just a odd spike and lag. I can reproduce it everytime with the new driver. cleaned all drivers out of system windows 7 64 bit still happens i went back again to older drivers and no lag spikes.

This may be related to the new way the PhysX is set, I had it disabled before now the new drivers let you set to 295 A or 295 B or CPU but no disable.
 
The only online game I've played is quakelive, and I'm not getting any lag spikes with it.. I wonder if this is something specific to your setup?
 
Kyle posted a review of the latests drivers here. Glad to see an improvement in a few games.
 
What are you gonna do, write a forums post about it? Nvidia has disappointed and let down customers majorly for a year now and all the internet bickering in the world doesn't seem to be correcting that trend.

Actually I'll expect Kyle to back up his claims:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/01/08/nvidia_3d_surround_multidisplay_gaming_editorial/
For god’s sake NVIDIA, if you pull this bullshit where NVIDIA Surround "games" will not work on Eyefinity configurations, we are going to beat NVIDIA down repeatedly and publicly for harming the PC gaming industry. Keep those crappy proprietary PhysX policies, but if you start messing with OUR multi-display gaming and not letting it remain "open platform," I will personally lead the mob with the burning torches to the castle gates. And we will be fully prepared to use the torches. I will personally lead a boycott of NVIDIA products if I see NVIDIA harm multi-display gaming in the marketplace through an IP grab. Multi-display gaming belongs to gamers, not NVIDIA.
 
Back
Top