• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nvidia 169.09 beta

Ran at medium with a few options at high @ 1280x1024 with no AA. My card is buggered and thought some settings were causing it to lock and it wasn't.

8800 GTs are a great card with a good amount of performance in them.
no argument there 8800gt are good cards for the price but I still have a hard time believing that because people running this game on 8800ulta sli are getting lower fps than that and I have a 8800gtx and I don't get that :confused:
 
no argument there 8800gt are good cards for the price but I still have a hard time believing that because people running this game on 8800ulta sli are getting lower fps than that and I have a 8800gtx and I don't get that :confused:

I had an 81 with sli enabled. I believe him. I had my settings to low on a few in response to a thread that requested a low resolution test. I ran at 1280x1024 with lower settings that i dont remember but if you click on the thread that speaks of sli low resolution for crysis its in there. I am at work and too busy to link it
 
I had an 81 with sli enabled. I believe him. I had my settings to low on a few in response to a thread that requested a low resolution test. I ran at 1280x1024 with lower settings that i dont remember but if you click on the thread that speaks of sli low resolution for crysis its in there. I am at work and too busy to link it

you said you had sli enabled he doesn't at lease he didn't say he did.
 
I installed the new drivers tonight.

I see no improvement running Vista64 in DX9 mode, from the 169.01 drivers. When I ran DX10 in the Demo, I had to turn everything down so far it wasnt worth it, so I didnt even try that yet.
I have the settings on high across the board,1920x1200,noAA.
Using the console FPS I average 20-24 FPS.
Now, the game is smooth, no jitters,but I was expecting at least a small improvement.

I'm going to load the game on my XP HDD and see what it runs like for comparison.
 
Truth be told, I'm not certain SLI is engaged in my Vista64, one card ran temps like usual for 3D apps, the second was cool as a cucumber......not usual for SLI.

Now the good news is that in XP I ran through the first bit of the first level and with settings as high as XP can go, 1920x1200, noAA I averaged 45FPS!
That is a marked increase over previous drivers, and SLI was working for sure.

I guess its XP for me in this game....too bad I was hoping to see Vista wake up and smell the coffee.
 
Specs: X2 4800+, 8800GT (695/1725/1000), 2gb RAM, Audigy 2ZS, Raptor 150, XP Pro 32-bit

Retail Crysis at 1280x1024, all settings high plus a couple of the "very high" system.cfg entries for running the gpu.bat file. (usepom, sunshafts, renderer, colorgrading) I ran driver cleaner between versions.

169.04 - Avg 34.53, Min - 9.53

169.09 - Avg 34.76, Min - 9.26

Yippee!! :D As noted, it seems the 169.09 drivers improve SLI performance but in my case the single card performance is unchanged.
 
installed the drivers last night, and all of sudden quad sli works for me now in vista 64. Didn't get a chance to bench anything, due to how late it was. But I will tonight, see if the quad sli is acutally being benefical.

--W
 
Crysis runs great on my girlfriends computer DX9 mode, everything set to high, 1280x1024 using an 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked. The same settings on my machine have the game running slower. I'm installing the 169.09 drivers now, and hopefully I'll see an improvement. One thing is for sure: with SLI enabled in the Crysis demo I got less FPS than I did with SLI disabled.

Hopefully I'll start seeing some gains with SLI with the new drivers and the full version of the game.
 
So far these drivers suck. I haven't even been able to get them installed and working yet. :confused:
 
Nvidia promised a huge driver update sometime in December. Notice the Stereo3D menu that was added into the 169 control panel? It's just there without doing anything or being functional.

Can't wait for WHQL drivers with new official Stereo3D drivers!
 
Well I've got my drivers installed now. I'll be trying Crysis after awhile.
 
I've found these drivers to be the most stable and quickest to date... Vista x64 anyway...

Now nV just needs to released a 8800GTX killer.
 
just installed, crysis freaked out. was on 8800gts 640, installed 8800gt ko, runs worse now. i did do something rather lamer...i just installed the new drivers over the old ones without a driver cleaner wipe...that may have something to do with it. whats the link for vista64 driver cleaner anyway? i cant get into drivecleaner.net for some reason, maybe everyone is flooding the site....
 
What kind of framerates is everybody getting in Vista 64 bit???? Even in DX9 mode mine stink.

Same driver in XP, great framerates (for crysis that is)
 
World in Conflict

169.04
576MHz/850MHz: 38 AVG 16 MIN 75 MAX

660MHz/905MHz: 39 AVG 16 MIN 80 MAX

169.09
576MHz/850MHz: 37 AVG 14 MIN 78 MAX

660MHz/905MHz: 40 AVG 18 MIN 88 MAX

3dmark06

169.04
660MHz/905MHz: 10772

169.09
660MHz/905MHz: 10874

it appears the changes primarily run around lowering the timings - pretty decent increases on the basics, but very minimal minimum/average increases - but, it definitely did increase - substanially more when I overclocked..
 
These gave me terrible flickering and awful performance in Call of Duty 4. I switched to the 163.xx (whichever are currently WHQL) as a last ditch effort and my performance increased tremendously. The 163.xx drivers suck for source games though :mad:

I was using the 169.04 drivers before and I think they caused video played through WMP 10 to hang the PC. Have not had that issue since switching back.
 
OS: Vista Ultimate x64
CPU: QX6700
GPU: 8800GTX
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Driver: 169.09

Crysis settings: High
AA: None
Resolution: 1680x1050
v_sync forced *on* via autoexec.cfg

GPU Benchmark:
Play Time: 59.49s, Average FPS: 33.62
Min FPS: 0.29 at frame 86, Max FPS: 41.27 at frame 1599
Average Tri/Sec: -31511242, Tri/Frame: -937261
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.98

CPU Benchmark:
Play Time: 42.32s, Average FPS: 35.45
Min FPS: 16.92 at frame 196, Max FPS: 44.67 at frame 124
Average Tri/Sec: 41085844, Tri/Frame: 1159059
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.62

I'm happy, this is a huge performance improvement from the current WHQL driver.
 
Noticed a significant increase on DX9 apps under vista x64, and some min FPS improvement with Crysis. XP on the other hand wont even work properly with these drivers, after rebooting device manager shows the 8800GT but says the device is not functional/operational for some reason. Brought back 169.02 for XP and worked as before. Anyone else having issues installing 169.09 in XP32?
 
Noticed a significant increase on DX9 apps under vista x64, and some min FPS improvement with Crysis. XP on the other hand wont even work properly with these drivers, after rebooting device manager shows the 8800GT but says the device is not functional/operational for some reason. Brought back 169.02 for XP and worked as before. Anyone else having issues installing 169.09 in XP32?

Nope.
 
Did a fresh system reformat for my new installation of Crysis and installed the 169.09 beta Forceware drivers. My system has been running great so far and I've played at least 4 hours of non-stop Crysis gaming with zero issues!
 
Back
Top