Nvidia 163.71 WHQL for XP available

I heard the betas were crap. Are these actually any different? Im still on 163.67 with zero issues. I don't want to change up unless it is going to be the same after doing so.

I heard the betas were crap. Are these actually any different? Im still on 163.67 with zero issues. I don't want to change up unless it is going to be the same after doing so.

That's a marvelously vague assertion... could you be more specific? I've been running the betas for a few days and haven't noticed any issues, but I haven't played any games or used HDMI since I installed them, either.

WHQL doesn't mean jack for Forceware drivers anymore, it hasn't for some time. The only difference is 4 letters. All they do is go through the proper testing etc. There will always be someone with an odd configuration where it doesn't work right for them, often due to user-error. Just like how the 163.69s went "WHQL" in 3 days after the beta came out, nothing but a label.

i just hope that the "random" slowdowns in Stalker and other games have been fixed!! :mad:

Got em.

The Jericho demo still crashes at startup. Will test out, Crysis/Hellgate London beta's later.

I've been using them since yesterday afternoon. The games I played yesterday worked fine, BF2 and Bioshock. The Jericho and Stranglehold demos also worked just fine as well. It might be early but so far these drivers have been fine.

Back