Nvidia 1080ti Custom GPU waterblock clamping pressure

Napoleon

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi Everyone-

I'm designing a [H]igh flow water block and trying to make sure I use the correct clamping pressure, any idea where I could find this, perhaps a data sheet?

It will not be full coverage, it will be a hybrid plug and play block to integrate into an existing loop. Yes I know that this is much more involved and expensive than just buying a full coverage block that would perform better.

My goal is for it to be high flow, great temps, and ideally a straightforward swap for all of the Nvidia Founders Edition style cards which use the vapor chamber. Best of all you would be able to use it on the next generation card, as long as Nvidia doesn't change their vapor chamber/PCB layout.

I have the original mounting screw springs, perhaps those could tell me? I'm debating using a GPU block X-style backplate on top of the stock backplate to spread the load.

The kicker is I haven't purchased a 1080ti yet, only the heatsink/fan from Ebay to reverse engineer.

This Videocardz PCB image is the best I can find; the heatsink thermal pads and Gamersnexus teardown confirms the missing VRAM location (I found an image on Anandtech that had the 4th chip on the right top to bottom missing instead of the third)
NVIDIA-GTX-1080-Ti-PCB.jpg

Last edited:
Back