NVCP TrMSAA not working?

RyanH

Limp Gawd
I just purchased a GTX 470 a few days ago mostly because I wanted to see how its AA modes compare to the ATI 5xxx series. For the most part I'm pretty impressed, especially since I found the tool that lets you do full screen SGSSAA in DX10/11. The Coverage Sampled AA and Transparency SSAA modes give me great performance for the quality in general and its nice to have the extra bit of framebuffer over my 5850. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Transparency MSAA enabled in any game, except for Source engine games. I do know that unlike CCC, with Nvidia I have to restart the app after changes are made to see the effect. I can see plain as day that the TrSSAA is working great on the transparent textures that the regular MSAA/CSAA skips but when I change it to TrMSAA and restart it looks just as bad as if I have it set to off. Is there a bug in the drivers or something? I always have regular MSAA/CSAA set in the CP or in game as well because I know that no Transparency mode will work otherwise.

edit: I've tried this with about 15 games, including opengl D3D9/10/11 titles.

I'm using 258.96 whql drivers on Win 7 64-bit

Is override AA working for the games where transparency AA doesn't work?

Also, do they have AA built into the game?

Last edited:
Yes and yes. Multisampling Transparency uses the sample size that MSAA is using correct? I always have it set to at least 8x or the highest that is in the game which is 4x minimum. TrMSAA is the corollary to ATI's Adaptive AA correct? I notice I get generally good enough performance from TrSSAA but I still felt like I had to ask why this isn't working for me

Last edited:
Back