NV5 Dumping Air Into Case???

Poosnarf

Limp Gawd
So I thought I'd install myself a spiffy new NV5 Silencer for my BFG 6800GT OC, and everything went just fine, but the temps didn't drop as well as I expected. I put my hand around the various parts of the NV5 to see where all that hot air was going.

Much to my dismay, I could only feel a small whisper of air coming from the rear PCI exhaust port. Most of the hot air was being dumped out where the fan isn't covered by any plastic. Apparently the fan is blowing the air directly outward instead of through the Silencer's ducting. Is anyone else having this problem with the NV5, and if so, how would you recommend modding the NV5 so the majority of the air makes it through the Silencer and out of the case?

I heard some silencers had an issue where the fan was blowing in the wrong direction. I dunno how easy that will be to fix, might have to return it.

tranCendenZ said:
I heard some silencers had an issue where the fan was blowing in the wrong direction. I dunno how easy that will be to fix, might have to return it.

That turned out to be a false rumor, as I understand it the person who brought it up the first time made a n00b mistake, thought the fan was spinning incorrectly (it wasn't) and then posted it in a forum. It got blown way out of proportion. It was retracted later, but too late to keep the rumor from spreading.

Back