NV40 image

barubal

n00b
so this is how the new nvidia card looks like
6800_Ultra_F_3qtr_vert.jpg

im surprised this thread hasnt got more action..

is that really it? or is it a workstation card?

i also think that this beast is power hungry as there are two molex conectors on the rear

if it performs, i like the dual dvi function.

i might have to pick one up in a few months, assuming ATI doesnt release a dual dvi version of their high end card.

Originally posted by barubal
i also think that this beast is power hungry as there are two molex conectors on the rear

possibly, but honestly, who cares. People have been whining about the 2 molexes for a while now. i mean honestly, if the thing is blindingly fast, who cares how much power it sucks

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
possibly, but honestly, who cares. People have been whining about the 2 molexes for a while now. i mean honestly, if the thing is blindingly fast, who cares how much power it sucks

Probably the SFF users will care. Its looking like it wont be working very well in them. Which isnt a good thing, they are very popular right now.

^I was just wondering about that, It would seem unlikely that it would be a 1 slot design, but there were 1 slot versions of the 5950, so it might be possible.

IIRC = ?

I dunno if it's real but I do know the R420 is going to have 16 pipe lines :D... so cares about the NV40? ;)

~Adam

wtf why is it AGP8x agp is shit i want pci express

calm down you wont even be able to harness all that bandwidth for awhile so AGP8x is fine, not to mention the lack of PCI-E motherboards out

Originally posted by fallguy
Probably the SFF users will care. Its looking like it wont be working very well in them. Which isnt a good thing, they are very popular right now.

Well, if its one thing computer users know, it's that you can't have it all. When you decrease the size you cant have as much cooling, power. Simple as that. If you want max gaming powah, you need a lot of cooling and power.

Originally posted by CleanSlate
IIRC = ?

I dunno if it's real but I do know the R420 is going to have 16 pipe lines :D... so cares about the NV40? ;)

~Adam

I read that honda recently developed warp drive for the civic. Might not ever happen, BUT I read it at the inquirer, so we'll see....:eek:

P.S. IIRC = if i recall correctly :)

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
I read that honda recently developed warp drive for the civic. Might not ever happen, BUT I read it at the inquirer, so we'll see....:eek:
what does the inq have to do with this? that info comes from the hardocp front page.

Originally posted by blindrocket
Looks like a one slot design. KICK ASS.

*crosses fingers*

That is one slot. But I just got an note that 2 slot designs are being sent out to reviewers?!? I really hope that just means the one-slot coolers are behind schedule. I will not purchase a Leafblower 2.0.

Dual DVI....mmmmm....yummy. Now all I need is...let's see, $500 for another 1760NX, $500 for the new video card....

A GRAND!!

Errrr....anyone need a kidney? Badly?

whats funny is since ati has been quit about the new 420 is if it kicks the hell outta nvidias super hyped card again like ati did with the nv30's haha

yea if the R420 completely and utterly dominates the NV40 who will join me in pointing and laughing their ass off at Nvidia?

Originally posted by Shane
whats funny is since ati has been quit about the new 420 is if it kicks the hell outta nvidias super hyped card again like ati did with the nv30's haha

yeah.... i don't think it's going to go down like that again. some people don't realize that the 9800 pro's use to be just as much as the 5900 ultras wich is equivelent to a 9800 pro ( in my books ). ATI got huge sales when they dropped the price making it king of value cards which immediatly people started saying Nvidia sucks. I hope both cards bench equally priced the same so there will be alot of less fanboying going around.

Originally posted by retardedchicken
yea if the R420 completely and utterly dominates the NV40 who will join me in pointing and laughing their ass off at Nvidia?

/me raises hand

:)

Originally posted by zoltan
yeah.... i don't think it's going to go down like that again. some people don't realize that the 9800 pro's use to be just as much as the 5900 ultras wich is equivelent to a 9800 pro ( in my books ). ATI got huge sales when they dropped the price making it king of value cards which immediatly people started saying Nvidia sucks. I hope both cards bench equally priced the same so there will be alot of less fanboying going around.

i agree 500%
im seriously sick of the fanboys. but i guess that comes with the territory of technology. :(

Originally posted by zoltan
5900 ultras wich is equivelent to a 9800 pro ( in my books ).

the 5900 series can't hold a candle tot he 9800 series for aa/af and IQ.. so how is that equivalent?

~Adam

Guys, no one here has seen any benchmarks for either the NV40 or the R420 (or, if they have, they are sworn to secrecy by an NDA). So, lets wait for the reviews to come out before we make decisions like this. You'll only have to wait until the day after the release, and they'll still be ludicrously overpriced and uncommon then. :p

Buying before reading any reviews is a costly mistake. No room for any fan-boys in this world. Who knows, maybe nVidia will totally spank ATi with the NV40.

Out of curiosity, what is your source, barubal?

Looks like a legit picture to me.

It could very well go back to single slot cooling too assuming Nvidia uses both molex connectors.

That would put the heat production and powerstrain more on the powersupply than the card (Note the absent number and small size of the cylindrical caps) Who knows? I'm thinking it was necessary to use two connectors to keep the board size smaller, one molex probably would have had the card littered with power filters and mosfets.

Back