NV silencer 5

xFuryofFivex

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got one recently... the instructions look as if there made for an ATI card..

does anyone know a link to instructions for a 6800 series card

No...he's right. I just installed the NV5 about 10 minutes ago and the instuctions for removal of the stock HSF talk about removing push pins. The board they show is even red (can't think of any 6800 on red pcb).
What you have to do is remove all the screws...and I mean all of them. Then the directions included are pretty accurate for the installation of NV5.

Try doing a Google search for "NV5 installation 6800" or something similar. I found some useful instructions that way for installation on my 6800gt. Unfortunately I do not have the exact links to give you.

It's not really that hard, basically:
1. As Samsonspub said, remove all the screws (you'll probably have to bend back the aluminum logo plate surrounding the fan to get at some of them)
2. Remove all of the thermal paste with a good cleaner (I used fingernail polish remover)
3. Apply a healthy, clean layer of Artic Silver or the supplied thermal compound (credit card works great)
4. Ensure the NV5 is making solid contact with all the GPU and memory pads.
5. Don't overtwist the screws when tightening the silencer or they may snap. Go slow with this.

Back