NV Silencer 5 Vs. DD 6800 (GPU/RAM) Vs. Maze4 (GPU only)

Keetha

Limp Gawd
Ok everyone I need some opinions please. I'm really torn between a couple of different coolers for 6800GT and price is a moderate concern.
DD 6800 - Watercools both the RAM and the GPU
NV Silencer 5 - Air cools both the RAM and the GPU
GPU Only Watercooling (currently torn between a few models)
Basically I have a few questions...

Is watercooling the RAM really worth the extreme price of the DD 6800?

Will I notice a big difference between my max overclock of the core using GPU only waterblock compared to using the NV silencer 5?

If I do go the GPU only waterblock road, will my RAM not OC as high as it would have with the NV silencer?

If the RAM doesn't go as high without the NV Silencer, will the added GPU speed make up for this difference?

Currently I am reeeeally leaning towards the NV Silencer 5 due to its price and that it does cool the RAM also. But I do already have a WC loop, so if the benefit of getting the GPU cooler is worth it, I might. I don't really know what to do :(. I'm just looking for anyone and everyones opinion.
Thanks in advance guys!

I would go NV silencer too. Fact is the price is resonable, and Ive heard soo many good things about it, and it takes air out of the case too.

SO I would go NV silencer.

I've got the DD 6800 waterblock on my GT. It's a pretty nice block. Don't know how much more overclock you can get with it as opposed to some other cooling, 'cause I've never ran this card with anything else.

Ok, I guess I'm going with NV Silencer 5. Unless anyone has something else to say?

you can pick up a swiftech mcw50 with adaptor like i've got prolly $25 on ebay for the block and $6 or $10 for the mounting kit, cools the gpu only, but I get 46idle 52Load(good pump) on my 6800GT overclocked. The ram overclocked 1.07 stable in coolbits before on air, now it goes to 1.15or more and I use OCZ ramsinks to cool the ram. For some reason the cool gpu helps the ram, and when you have a hot gpu the ram gets hot too(i know this from my pelting adventures). The swiftech block is the cheapest and best way to go.

Back