NV 5950 ultra display problem

spadefoot

Limp Gawd
I just switched from a Radeon 9600pro to a 5950 ultra (got a really good deal) but I'm not seeing the results I had hoped for. I play EQ2, so that's about all I have as a frame of reference. The performace seems around the same, but the graphical quality is terrible. The character models seem blocky, the best example I can come up with is that the models look a little like when you run 800x600 on a LCD monitor that is designed to run at 1024x768, where things look oddly blocky. I am using a CRT, so that's not what is going on, but that is what it looks like.

Well the 5950U does suck in DX9 thats why you aren't seeing a big increase over your 9600pro as for the blockiness anything will look blocky if you run it at 800/600.

I'm not running it at 800x600, I wasn't clear about that, sorry. I'm running it at 1280x1024, and I've tried it at 1600x1200, but it still looks like crap.

For EQ2 you'll want to make sure that the "Graphics Resolution" and "Lighting Resolution" sliders are maxed, or you'll get blocky graphics.

You'll probably have to tweak the game slightly different, given your new card. I highly suggest checking out / following the EQ2 display setup guide, it's makes a nice improvement (go to the Sony Station Eqiiforum, then to the Technical Help section, and the display guide is one of the stickies).

rcf1987 said:
Well the 5950U does suck in DX9 thats why you aren't seeing a big increase over your 9600pro............
Oh please......... :rolleyes: The 59xx series cards will run EQ2 perfectly fine.

yeha it will run it perfectly..and it does not suck...only in the source engine when it is running 32pp or soemthing like that

I have 5900 U flashed to 5950 runnin in my kids rig. Runs every thing just fine.
Did you use driver cleaner ? and you might try different drivers some of the older ones work better

Back