nuvision tablet help

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Recently tried to run axiom verge for on the go gaming with my
NuVision 8-inch Full HD (1920 x 1200) IPS Touchscreen Tablet PC, Intel Atom Z3735F Quad-Core Processor, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD
. It won't even launch the game....is there some kind of driver I'm missing I thought it would be able to run the game?

Is my tablet to slow to run axiom verge or dp I need more recent direct x or gpu drivers?

Maybe look at the minimum requirements for the game at least?

• Processor: Intel Core i5 M460 2.53 GHZ.
  • Memory: 500 MB RAM.
  • Graphics: AMD HD 5570 or NVidia GeForce GT 440.
  • Hard Drive: 200 MB available space.

That tablet has an Atom CPU (though much newer, still not nearly as powerful) with integrated graphics. I wouldn't expect it to play much more than the original Unreal Tournament.

Is there anyway to run an external gpu off the tablet or is that still future tech? Hoping newer future tablets have the horsepower to play newer games ...

Is there anyway to run an external gpu off the tablet or is that still future tech? Hoping newer future tablets have the horsepower to play newer games ...

There's no way to run an external GPU with that tablet. That would require a USB C/Thunderbolt connector. Most higher end laptops and ultra books have that capability, but not sure if any tablets do. I assume if you're only spending $80 on a tablet though, it'll be a long time before you can get that on a device that low-end.

You insist on a small Windows Tablet. They make a high-performance Windows tablet, but you would have to go bigger. We've already discussed this in several threads where you bitch, then ultimately do nothing.

Get used to living in your box, because your uncompromising requirements have guaranteed this. You're not going to get Thunderbolt 3 on an $80 tablet anytime soon. And the size guarantees you will never fit high-performance in the tablet.

As part of getting used to your box, may I suggest learning how to GoogleFu "*NEW GAME NAME*, works with Intel HD 4000" to see if it's possible? This really isn't so hard you needed to make a thread for it here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Axiom+Verge+works+with+intel+hd+4000

And the first link from that search should answer your question: no, Ivy Bridge graphics not supported for some reason.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/332200/discussions/0/530646715642843430/

Get used to living in your box, or compromise and buy a bigger tablet.

Last edited:
Actually got this tablet for free bc i spent 1k on a laptop as a gift for someone. At first i thought i wouldn't ever use it but have needed it alotfor work. Anyways Biggest I'd go is 10 inch $ is not the issue lol as i will be carrying this around everyday but most don't support 1080p.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Those look nice but they don't seem to have any better gpu then what i have now

Those look nice but they don't seem to have any better gpu then what i have now

Says the man who did zero research :D

Your tablet is first-gen Atom with modern integrated graphics, Bay Trail. It has only 4 EUs, and is based of Ivy Bridge graphics (old, bare-minimum DX11 functionality).

Average Score of Bay Trail Atom Z3735F on Notebook Check, Cloud Gate Standard Graphics: 1230.

The first tablet I linked is next-generation. They bumped it up to 12 EUs, and that's based on Broadwell graphics.

Average Score of Broadwell Atom Z8350 on Notebook Check, Cloud Gate Standard Graphics: 1850.

The second tablet I linked is based on Apollo Lake. It's a more efficient architecture with the same number of EUs as Broadwell, based on Skylake graphics.

Average Score of Skylake Celeron N3450 on Notebook Check, Cloud Gate Standard Graphics: 2150.

The links to all three GPUs with tests, if you want to do the research yourself:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-Bay-Trail.103037.0.html
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-Cherry-Trail-Benchmarks.140902.0.html
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-500.182723.0.html

THAT'S ABOUT TWICE AS FAST AS YOUR CURRENT MODEL, AS PROMISED.

Also, the newer graphics architectures can mean better compatibility with newer games. Remember the link I provided above where Haswell-graphics was working fine with your game, but older Ivy Bridge was not? This happens often where game writers will target a minimum feature level. Most game writers either don't care about supporting intel graphics at all, or if they do thy just target the current generation, then forget everything else.

Also, doubling your ram will also make games play more smoothly. Remember, you have to share some of that 2GB ram with the video card.

EDIT:

And as always, if you don't mind jumping up to 12.3 inches, the Surface Pro entry-level ($750) HD 615 gets you 6500 average in the same benchmark.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-615.174029.0.html

And the $1500 model will get you 11100:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Iris-Plus-Graphics-640.190371.0.html

As I've always said, performance on tablets is limited by physics. You want better performance, you have to go bigger.

Last edited:
Appreciate the response default! I don't plan to play very intense games. Just games like hollow knight, axiom verge and sum newer ones like death gambit,blood stained ect..so I just want something that can handle these well. Is there any tablets on the horizon that might offer even better performance and run win 10 and these newer games coming this summer ? Also I don't mind paying more I'm not to familiar with the chuwi brand and want something very reliable with great customer service.

Appreciate the response default! I don't plan to play very intense games. Just games like hollow knight, axiom verge and sum newer ones like death gambit,blood stained ect..so I just want something that can handle these well. Is there any tablets on the horizon that might offer even better performance and run win 10 and these newer games coming this summer ? Also I don't mind paying more I'm not to familiar with the chuwi brand and want something very reliable with great customer service.

Unfortunately, smaller, cheaper Atom-powered Windows tablets have been mostly abandoned by major brands, due to complete lack of sales.

It's Chinese or nothing.

Or you jump up to 11+ inches, and have a larger amount of choices. Because people who are in the market would rather get something large and powerful to get work done, and the margins are higher on the big toys.

Microsoft had to bump the Surface Pro up in size more than an inch before it became useful for it's intended productivity purpose (Surface Pro 3). The launch size for the iPad Pro was 12.9", because serious work on a touchscreen takes size.

I keep telling you Pivo, you're a corner case hidden inside a corned-case hidden inside an enigma. Most people with a taste for tablets your size are already satisfied with a $329 iPad. And they have much better performance than Atom.

If all you want to do is play casual Windows games on a touch screen with a name brand, you're going to have to upgrade in size. Your other option is put up with the piss-poor performance of Atom on a random Chinese brand.

Last edited:
So if I go up to 11 inch what options do I have? I don't think going from my 8 inch to 11 will be huge difference in size as long as it's still thin and not bulky like a laptop.. I'm starting to agree with you default! If I go up to 11 inch what would be a bad ass tablet!? I would much rather go larger if the performance difference is that huge as you are saying minus all the annoying bugs I'm dealing with these cheap brands!

Last edited:
So if I go up to 11 inch what options do I have? I don't think going from my 8 inch to 11 will be huge difference in size as long as it's still thin and not bulky like a laptop.. I'm starting to agree with you default! If I go up to 11 inch what would be a bad ass tablet!? I would much rather go larger if the performance difference is that huge as you are saying minus all the annoying bugs I'm dealing with these cheap brands!

Samsung Galaxy Boook 10.6" screen.

this is pretty highly rated Samsung dockable Windows tablet. It has HD 615 graphics, so it should be about 5x more performance. The newer architecture should be better supported in games.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Windows-storage-SM-W620NZKAXAR/dp/B06XPM5JX2

The best alternative if Samsung turns you off is an HP model with similar specs, but it's a 12" screen, and previous generation graphics.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6R45FK8041

There are a few other choices, but you generally have to jump up to 13.3. That's really a big jump for you.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So the samsung is the best possible tablet for Windows gaming that can handle newer games such as the ones mentioned above? If there is something newer on the horizon I can wait it out...again needs to be win 10 as I don't care for android

That's the latest generation, with nothing else coming down the pipe. Kaby Lake is basically still the latest revision.

Intel has been adding more cores, but the graphics has been exactly the same.

And if for some reason you have crashes, you have Samsung support for the next year.

Last edited:
I was just looking at the specs on axiom verge. Any modern Intel GPI and iGPU will run that fine, maybe even ok an Atom device.

I was just looking at the specs on axiom verge. Any modern Intel GPI and iGPU will run that fine, maybe even ok an Atom device.

But his is crashing on launch, maybe pointing a finger at the OEM. Hence wanting to solve all issues at-once, going name-brand and going much newer.

I already tried to sell him on an incremental atom update earlier.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. However how is that fix going to help if I don't have a nvidia card in my current tablet? When I tried running axiom verge nothing happend so I thought maybe I need the latest direct x or Intel drivers or the tablet just can't handle it. The thing is going with a name brand I should have less strange issues. At one point my tablet would not even charge it was just over a year old lol maybe it was windows issue bc when I shUT updates down it went away.

Back