Nuub tryin to OC

r_glover

n00b
I have a 2.6c rnning at 3.03 and it seems I hit a wall. Anyway I can continue to OC and be stable?

shouldnt need 2 ask that question, do some 24 hour test and see if any errors occur, Just amp up the frequency bit by bit as you already done. Most good motherboards have a fail safe thing where it turns off the comp if your cpu wont boot if you turn up the frequency 2 high, so just play around, nuting 2 worry about........RIGHT? I dunno, i am not a OC expert.

We need much more info...

What your system consists of, your temps, etc...

Originally posted by jamezzz122
We need much more info...

What your system consists of, your temps, etc...

ditt0, and you spelled n00b wrong, ya nUUb... i mean noob, uh n00b. lol.

And yes, as long as your not severly overvolting(2.8+) a p4 will not blow up because of heat. It will mereley downclock itself.

Originally posted by mtl_hed

And yes, as long as your not severly overvolting(2.8+) a p4 will not blow up because of heat. It will mereley downclock itself.

2.8V? You're talking about RAM right, cause a P4's normal voltage is 1.525V or so.

In terms of RAM, BH-5 chips like some high voltages. 2.75V is their max suggested rating, though they do love some higher (2.8V is what I had mine running at, the max of the mobo).

I am not sure what options your BIOS has for OCing, but i also have a 2.6 and i got it to go to 3.1 and it works great. I got it at 3.25 right now and am doing so tests, but it looks good so far.
Here are my BIOS settings...
Frequency-Voltage.JPG

My ram is not overclocked. But here is what they are set as -> 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 7

Cas Latency Time 2.5
Active To Precharge Delay 7
DRAM RAS# To CAS# Delay 3
DRAM RAS# Precharge 3

well, now that i am running at 3.25GHz and have a core voltage of 1.725 (+.2) my idle tem is 42c @ idle and about 48 @ load.
I'll post a pic a bit later when i find the camera.

I am not sure, but when i tried to overclock my ram it freaked out and wouldn't let me go above 3.1GHz. But when i put my ram at stock speeds it ran fine and 3.1 ran perfectly. However 3.25 is working pretty good as of now.

Back