Nutty Temperatures?

Sovereign

2[H]4U
I have a 2600k under a Hyper 212+ that I just re-pasted (Arctic MX2).

I've been having some strange problems recently, and I'm wondering if my overclock is to blame despite easily joining the OC.net "Sandy STABLE Club" after first buying the CPU.

Mainly, according to several temperature utilities the CPU hits 90C within less than five seconds of starting a P95 run. This is observed in HWMonitor, RealTemp, CoreTemp, and the ASUS AI Suite utility.

It then proceeds to cool down back to 30-35C within seconds of P95 stopping.

I suspect something's off because there's no way temperatures in a CPU should change that quickly, right?

what is the voltage at that speed?.. also whats your ambient room temperature? and case airflow.. its your hype r212+ with stock fan?.

It looks like I created the situation on accident while trying to fix another problem.

Apparently, the Windows 8 version of AI Suite doesn't remember settings in the "DIGI + Power Control" section. Honestly I don't remember if the Windows 7 version did either but I had a thought based on Sandy Bridge OC-ing tutorials that suggested I had a wrong setting there.

So I cranked Load-Line Calibration, CPU Current Capability, and DIGI + VRM Phase Control to "Extreme."

That solved the instadeath during P95, but was accompanied by higher temperatures (like the ones I mentioned).

Dialing those settings back solved the temperature problem, though I admittedly did NOT run Prime95 afterward to see how stable it was. The voltage is set in AI Suite to 1.25v.

what are your actually settings? being honest a 2600K does not need to change anything more than just the multiplier and a just a little bit the voltage are you using fixed voltage or offset?..

What are the exact values you want to know? I'm happy to provide them, but there are so many I would like to avoid vomiting absolutely everything.

Back