Number of PC problems

sparkjim

n00b
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
14
Yesterday, I put a CoolerMaster Musketeer and some cathodes in my system. Installation went well, but I started using my computer again I noticed it acting very funny. All 8 usb ports were detected but once you plugged something in, Windows would say it could not recognize the hardware and claimed it was malfunctioning. Not too cool. Not long afterwards, my pc was randomly shutting off and taking a long time to boot up again. It would also just suddenly hang and I would be forced to power it off. Not much longer, powering it back on resulted in no signal going to my monitors. Everything spins up and powers on. Perhaps I knocked something loose accidentally when I installed my musketeer and cathodes? Everything looks fine, what am I missing? Is something dieing on me?
 
Sounds like you maxed out your PSU, what brand/wattage are you running?
 
Its an Aspire 500w I put in recently. It seemed to be performing fine before this. I just tested my video card and ram, both do not seem to be the problem.
 
I would see about getting another PSU just to test so that you can rule it out of the equation as well.
 
I tested with another PSU with just the mobo, hard drive, and video card hooked up. No go. I'm guessing its a problem with the mobo.
 
If another power supply won't power it on either, and the video card and ram test to be good, the problem is likely your motherboard. Try clearing the CMOS and see if that makes any difference.
 
Back
Top