“Nuka World” DLC Rumored For Fallout 4

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
What would a post-apocalyptic version of Six Flags or Disney World be like? We might find out in upcoming DLC. A redditor dug into the executable and found something alluding to a “Nuka World.” Couple that with settlement building, and things could get even more interesting.

Am I the only one that felt FO4 felt kind of empty compared to Skryim and other Bethesda games of that genre.

Not saying it was a bad game, but felt smaller and lot less diverse.

Am I the only one that felt FO4 felt kind of empty compared to Skryim and other Bethesda games of that genre.

Fo4 was my biggest disappointment for games last year. It was fallouts "next gen" leap going from previous releases on last gen and it did not feel in any way shape or form like a leap at all, rather like a fallout 3.5 with some slight improvements and tacked-on settlement buildings that went nowhere.

I hope this is accurate, seeing as I've already paid for the expansion anyway.

Fo4 was my biggest disappointment for games last year. It was fallouts "next gen" leap going from previous releases on last gen and it did not feel in any way shape or form like a leap at all, rather like a fallout 3.5 with some slight improvements and tacked-on settlement buildings that went nowhere.
That's how I felt as an outsider waiting for mods/bug fixes.
Glad I missed it for now as it seems it was not worth the hype. You don't see crazy attention half a year later like Fo3..

When they release game of the all DLCs on special, I'll bite.

Big problem with 4 is it didn't feel like the generational leap we were all expecting. The very slow start didn't do it any favors as well, needed to invest 10 or so hours into it before you got the hook. Easiest to compare it to The Witcher 3. The Witcher 3 I think was the all around better game, better story/writing, game play and was a generational leap.

That all said, I still loved Fallout 4 and I enjoyed actually exploring and just wandering around the environment significantly more than The Witcher, I bought a season pass before they raised the price and am looking forward to playing through all the DLC. They were both great games and I'd pay $100 for either of them and still feel like it was money well spent.

I can't really compare them. Fallout 4 felt more like an open world RPG while Witcher was like a story driven guided RPG.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, Witcher was just so massive it's hard not to mention it in the same breath as Fallout.

Ever been to the Boston area? It does all look the same. The only things that change to landscape are the different major buildings and your proximity to the Ocean.

I played the game vanilla with no mods for the first several months and I enjoyed the game and played through one ending. I fooled with changes in characters etc, end then I started adding mods and things changed a little but in the end I kept reaching the same point. I would be somewhere between level 34 and 43 and not a real challenge left I could find.

Now I have to admit, I never really tried survival mode prior cause I hadn't heard many really good things about it. Then the last patch hit and I switched to try the new survival mode and wow what a change. The world is no longer too small because not only can I not fast travel but I spend the majority of my time looking for water and food and more importantly, trying not to get sick. I have now went through some of the mods, found one called "Brutality" which definitely makes the world more dangerous and goes along way toward eliminating the bullet-sponge effect. And I found another that damps down the food/water/illness issues, they are still there, they just don't dominate the game so much.

These things have improved the game for me, shoot, they have made it a new game for me. I am hardly wearing any armor at all because it's more important to not get hit at all then it is to try and be able to take more damage. Anyway I am enjoying this much more, I have to make conscious decisions to stay at my settlement and rest and safe some water and food before I strike out. If I am headed to Diamond City I have to plan where I will stop and sleep along the way. I find the game much improved.

Back