• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nub here, would this system work for a SFF

dev1nsan

n00b
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
41
I'm going to attempt my first PC build in July when the Intel price drop, I'm just starting to do research into building my own PC and I really like the look of SFF especially the Lian Li v300, anyways I was wondering if this configuration would work in a SFF case.

heres a link to the components I will most likely purchase
http://computershopper.com/feature/build_your_own_budget_gaming_pc_1

basically consist of
graphics=8800 GTS
processor=intel duo core E-6600 (or maybe a higher one since price is going to drop)
mobo=Asus P5N32-E (this is probably where I'm gonna have to change if I want SFF right?)
cooler=Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX CL-PO310 (proably need to change this too)
ram=2 gb ddr2 800 (not sure what brand yet)
and sound card=Sound Blaster Audigy 4 SB0610
 
Your system looks great, but the motherboard you chose would not fit into the v300. Get the abit F-I90HD if you want to overclock or the asus P5B-VM if you don't overclock. I am not too sure if that heatsink would fit into the v300.
 
Back
Top