nTune auto system optimization: Recommended or No???

OsageCowboy

Limp Gawd
Should I run the nTune optimizer? Do I understand it correctly that it will put the system under stress for significant periods of time to evaluate temps and to calculate the fastest settings for the GPU?

NO WAY!

Just download the latest ATitool tool and OC from there. You'll have to do it manually though, but it has it's own stressing program to benchmark your GC so that it works properly.

...thanks for the sarcasm. is it a good program or not? sheesh.

EDIT: ok, so I see that ATitool also works for nVidia cards. what does it do that the nTune program does not? it seems that the nVidia program would be a more safe approach to maxing performance. this is for an 8800 GTX btw.

nTune really, really sucks. it has a lot of bugs and a lot of people are having serious trouble with it. and the only way to uninstall it is to reinstall windows.

I use ATITool for overclocking, and a battery of other software for stress testing. that said, neither of them are very good. i miss the old control panel overclocking interface. nvidia has really complicated everything with this latest set of drivers. all in the name of making it easier to use. bah.

Back