NTLDR Missing message when I disconnect a HD

Ok, this question might be sorta dumb, but I have never been into software as much as hardware.

Anyway, my system currently has 3 HD's - a 60GB, 80GB, and 250GB. Originally, I had windows installed on the 60GB. It booted off of that drive as well. Not too long ago I decided to do a fresh install on my 250GB sata drive. It all works fine except when I don't set the 60GB drive to boot first in the BIOS, I get a NTLDR is missing, press ctrl-alt-delete to restart message.

Just for reference, I am using XP Pro SP2.

Ok, so I want everything to work off of only the 250 GB drive. I tried the following in order:

1. Fixboot
2. Copied NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM from windows xp sp2 disk to root C: (windows is installed on this partition).
3. Fixboot
4. Fixmbr
5. Repeat 2 and 3

So, I still get the message. I am thinking the issue might lie with the boot.ini file, but I am not sure how to edit that in the recovery console as I can only get as low as C:\WINDOWS, and not C:\.

What do I do? The data on the drive is important, so I don't want to reformat and whatnot.

Thanks.

I fixed it :). I didn't realize that bootcfg was the command to bring up the boot.ini file and edit it within the recovery console.

Back