• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ntfs and fat32, clicks

OPTOR

n00b
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
3
as ntfs, and the 2.0 is formated as fat32. When I run the two together, the 3.0 clicks. Did this damage the hard drive?
 
Formatting can not damage a harddrive unless it was already malfunctioning.

Install CrystalDiskInfo to see if the drive thinks it is operating abnormally.
 
How does this look?
2ah7djt.jpg
 
There were 16 bad sectors total remapped in 2 occasions. I do not consider this a huge problem. At work I have had drives sit at 50 bad sectors for years. I have also seen ones go from 14 to 2000 to total failure in a three weeks. I would keep an eye on this and if the number (raw value) for Reallocated Sectors Count grows on a regular bases then it is time to RMA.
 
Back
Top