NT06 and PSU

the_snack

n00b
I'm trying to plan the configuration of my next sg01 SFF and now I have to think about the CPU refrigeration.
I'm planning to use the NT06 lite under a TACENS 0db technology PSU.
The problem is that I don't know if the 0db will stop the fan and then the processor will overheat.
I think the solution is to know where the thermal sensor in the tacens is, because if it is near the fan, it's all fine.
Do you know if it will have any problem or I will have to choose another psu?
Thanks!

Sorry about my english...

Consider switching to a different HSF.

I use the Silverstone NT03 with the same case. Configure the fans to push the air out the back.

It does just fine keeping an E4300 overclocked to 2700.

If you stick with the NT06 fanless you will need a PSU that moves some air.

My main nit with the Silverstone PSU's is they are not modular. I will only buy modular supplies. Bundles of unused wires seems old fashioned to me. Also cosmetically speaking black power supplies (like Silverstone) look good in black computers, but are ugly in others like the unpainted aluminum SG01 with windows. Functionally, they are solid but I like a little more modern amenities and bling appeal and went for the Ultra X2.

I seem to be the only person with this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817128001

...but it works great for me. 120mm fan drawing air in from the bottom, plus a bonus 80mm fan pushing it out the back. Fits snug on the NT06, and the modular cables are easy to connect, sleeved well, and look sharp. Plus, it comes with a nifty little case that makes a good tool/spare parts storage bin. Oh, and I can't hear the fans. The HD fan is the loudest thing in there, and that's pretty quiet too.

PSU choice is critical wit the NT06, a very efficient PSU with silent cooling actually works against this configuration as it does not move enough air!

I tried using a Seasonic M12 700W modular PSU with the NT06 and it never heated up enough to spin up the fan to draw sufficient volume of air to cool my CPU.....My Enermax Liberty 620W PSU on the other hand is fairly silent but it moves more air and it has been working very effectively.

Anyone with the NT06 Lite running with a Corsair 620 or 520? Any issues with this combo? Thanks

My main nit with the Silverstone PSU's is they are not modular. I will only buy modular supplies. Bundles of unused wires seems old fashioned to me. Also cosmetically speaking black power supplies (like Silverstone) look good in black computers, but are ugly in others like the unpainted aluminum SG01 with windows. Functionally, they are solid but I like a little more modern amenities and bling appeal and went for the Ultra X2.

They have 3 or 4 modular PSUs though...

Back