NT Kernel & System .. high cpu after resume when oc'd

atarione

2[H]4U
so.. with my I5-2500K / GA Z68X-UD3 /12GB / HD6870 rig

I am having a problem

I had it overclocked to 4.3Ghz (passes 24hr prime95 and IBT very high runs..blah blah blah seems totally stable.

except while overclocked when it resumes from sleep mode one of the cores is pegged at 100%

showing 16%~ cpu on taskmanager processes manager for NT Kernel & System, using xperf i tracked it down to acpi.sys

if i go back to stock settings the the acpi.sys high cpu usage problem goes away

thoughts?

ACPI (Automatic Configuration Power Interface) tries to throttle down the CPU usage when the temperatures are too high.

I assuming that when your 'puter is OC-ed, some power management features are disabled and/or in the sleep state those features aren't applied correctly.

I'm wondering how the hell did you managed to come out from sleep without getting a BSOD. :confused:

yeah no bsod

just consistent 12~14% cpu utilization (NT Kernel & System... traced back to acpi.sys with xperf) with the oc when resuming from S3 (doesn't happen on reboot will run fine for days and days ...but if the computer goes to sleep while over clocked the high cpu problem will occur)

when the set back to stock settings the computer will enter S3 and resume from S3 without any issues.

Back