nsgminer

Riccochet

Fully [H]
Using nsgminer with my sig rig to mine FTC. Currently I'm only getting around 340 KH/s, and I feel it should be higher. The other problem is I have a ~20% invalid rate.

Current config:

nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 18 --gpu-engine 1060 --gpu-memclock 1600

GPU loads up to 100% and stays around 80C, which is normal for this card.

Any way I can squeeze some extra out of it and reduce the invalid rate?

I don't know much about FTC but does it support multiple algorithms like other alt coins? Maybe there is one with similar performance but less bad invalids. You could try a different driver version too just to see if its something wonky going on.

As far as I know FTC only uses neoscrypt. I had to play with the settings a bit, but I think I have it dialed in. Getting ~400 KH/s now with about 8% invalid rate. I can live with that.

I might start ETH mining as well since it's my understanding that both can be mined at the same time.

Just doing this for shits and giggles during the day when I don't really pay for electric. Solar panels pretty much cover my day time power costs.

So, I tweaked a bit more. Underclocked the core about 100 mhz and bumped the memory up another 50 mhz, increased -w 256. Now I'm seeing an average of 600 KH/s with about 5% invalid rate. I'll take it.

Back