NSA To Exploit Internet Of Things, Including Biomedical Devices

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Not shocking, but the agency has gone on record that they will certainly be taking advantage of interconnected technologies for monitoring and related purposes. The deputy director suggests that the billions of devices out there results in greater chances of vulnerabilities they could exploit.

“We’re looking at it sort of theoretically from a research point of view right now,” Richard Ledgett, the NSA’s deputy director, said at a conference on military technology at Washington’s Newseum on Friday. Biomedical devices could be a new source of information for the NSA’s data hoards — “maybe a niche kind of thing … a tool in the toolbox,” he said, though he added that there are easier ways to keep track of overseas terrorists and foreign intelligence agents.

Do laws force AntiMalware and firewall companies to buy into this bullshit?

Last night I was thinking about how much I want for this to happen. It's going to be so nice when door knobs, toasters, defibrillators and cars are all connected and have vulnerabilities to be exploited and Booz and Dell employees can monitor our sleep and watch us naked. What is taking them so long? I want it to happen now.

If you've got nothing to hide then you won't mind if the NSA has a backdoor into your pacemaker.

If you've got nothing to hide then you won't mind if the NSA has a backdoor into your pacemaker.
All this patriotic talk really makes my heart flutter, oh wait, it's just the NSA seeing how long I can maintain 200 BPM. It's like government mandated exercise for having once said I disagree with the direction of the country online.

NSA is going to blow its brains out in a bathroom stall one day listening in on all the crap people talk about and think about every day.
Hah, That made me lol for real. It brings up a good point though. How much could you stand hearing every stinking detail about every persons life, habits and speech before you just started thinking of people as worthless self absorbed piss ants, and then inevitably starting to treat them that way, as if it's not hard enough already to have faith in humanity.

Back