NPR looking for former console gamers who now use a PC for a story

kbrickley

Supreme [H]ardness
Saw this on an NPR feed .... I have always been a PC gamer so I wouldn't qualify but if anyone is interested, have at it :)

Reporter Laura Sydell is looking for people who used to play video games on consoles but now prefer to play on the PC for an NPR story. Please email [email protected] with the subject "PC Gamer" to share your story.

"Timmy was such a nice boy, he used to play on his video game console with his little friends... but then that damned PC got its claws in him and now Timmy isn't such a nice boy any more. He got into drugs and junk food, he speaks in a strange and weird language and I'm sure he's into girl stuff now as he seems obsessed with ponies."

Last edited:
As pc enthusiasts its our duty to sign up and troll the hell out of consoles. :D

Was there anymore information on this? What type of story are they looking for?

I was a console gamer from middle school, through high school, and into my 2nd year of college. At that point, I transitioned to PC gaming, which is where I game almost exclusively.

Edit: I've had a fairly interesting console -> PC transition. Sent my story, though it's probably more than anyone there is going to read. We'll see.

Last edited:
Was there anymore information on this? What type of story are they looking for?

I was a console gamer from middle school, through high school, and into my 2nd year of college. At that point, I transitioned to PC gaming, which is where I game almost exclusively.

Edit: I've had a fairly interesting console -> PC transition. Sent my story, though it's probably more than anyone there is going to read. We'll see.

That's all I saw ... They post these blurbs down and again on their FaceBook page

Back