Now that Mantle is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernaby

Limp Gawd
I would like to see a comparison between the 290/x series and the 780ti now that Mantle is here for BF4. Just curious.

I'm guessing that's coming soon via [H].

I would like to see a comparison between the 290/x series and the 780ti now that Mantle is here for BF4. Just curious.

Well, according to YouTube videos, the 290x demolishes the 780 Ti when Mantle is used in terms of raw frames per second as well as frame times. Crossfire Scaling is also very healthy at over 90% (vs 78% in DX11).

Any such review would simply make 780 Ti owners feel a tad more annoyed... I mean after that XFX Double Dissipation Crossfire review here on HardOCP... you'd think that a lot of Titan and 780 Ti owners might be having second thoughts. Especially true when you consider how much they paid for those cards (esp Titan).

Well, according to YouTube videos, the 290x demolishes the 780 Ti when Mantle is used in terms of raw frames per second as well as frame times. Crossfire Scaling is also very healthy at over 90% (vs 78% in DX11).

Any such review would simply make 780 Ti owners feel a tad more annoyed... I mean after that XFX Double Dissipation Crossfire review here on HardOCP... you'd think that a lot of Titan and 780 Ti owners might be having second thoughts. Especially true when you consider how much they paid for those cards (esp Titan).

Second thoughts? Of course not. Titan gamers have been enjoying their cards for almost a year now, and will continue to do so, regardless of what awesomeness the Radeon R9's bring to the table. In the end of the day, it's all about what you need and how much you're willing to spend.

Second thoughts? Of course not. Titan gamers have been enjoying their cards for almost a year now, and will continue to do so, regardless of what awesomeness the Radeon R9's bring to the table. In the end of the day, it's all about what you need and how much you're willing to spend.
It's always the waiting game, wait for xxx to come out it's gonna be better. Frankly i'm more interested in maxwel/project denverl which trys to reduce cpu overhead at a hardware level not relying on devs supporting a new codepath, which probably isn't going well considering lack of rumors lately.

Last edited:
I can't get BF4 to work without crashing on either my Nvidia machine or my Amd rig. Kind of a catch 22 when the only game that mantle supports is a worthless pile of shit.

You just stated the current Mantle situation perfectly.

I can't get BF4 to work without crashing on either my Nvidia machine or my Amd rig. Kind of a catch 22 when the only game that mantle supports is a worthless pile of shit.

http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&hs=5Vx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Mantle is beta and will improve in times but I don't regret buying Nvidia. It's a personal preference for each person, and while I believe AMD has brought significant improvements for their card lineup I don't have the need to buy their cards. The golden ticket in Mantle is the cpu bottleneck solution. I see the best case scenario in multi-card usage.

Myself I have had many issues with multi-card setups and eyefinity. Then again I was an early adopter with crossfired 5870s. Problems with displayport were a huge issue and required an active adapter for three screens off one card. Spending over $100 for a cable adapter was the solution but they flicker off/on in games. Those are the prices you pay for early adoption and you hope they get the issues resolved.

We can shout all day back and forth RED! GREEN! and what does it really matter? I purchased what I felt was best for my situation, and while yes I see bigger numbers come from another team I have no regrets.

No regrets here with 780 Ti SLI. No regrets, no problems, just smooth gaming. All my friends that were using AMD have since switched to Nvidia cards. Just to get away from the problems. They are all very happy with their cards.

Same here made the switch to Nvidia since the GTX500 series and nothing but smooth gaming with my SLI setups ever since. I like the features introduced as well like Shadowplay and others including G-sync which is a BIG deal for me and friends.
Just my preference for now and waiting to see what Maxwell brings.

PS. Never had bad fps running BF4, always at 144fps on ultra minus the AA.

Hey everyone else from Team Green, come on over and tell us why Nvidia is better.

TOTALLY IGNORE THE POSTED TOPIC.

On Topic:

I was able to get CFX working by doing a clean uninstall / reinstall of the AMD drivers, no hitching in BF4

This is a MANTLE thread? Who knew?

Anyway, great performance boost in bf4, much smoother. I was lazy and just installed the betas without cleaning the old ones out. Worked like a Charm.

You just stated the current Mantle situation perfectly.

No.... you are wrong! Even DirectX/3d was piece of massive DOG S H I T when it first came out and now you people are proclaiming it's greatness.

Let Mantle Mature, Let more games come out with support, etc...

Its like saying all CELL PHONES are shit the first time one came out and dropped a call or two. Now look at how bad ass they have became. Look AMD beat Nvidia to the punch on something that is potentially MASSIVE. At the same time nVIDIA will come out with something soon that is awesome as well. Do you NOT want this kind of competition? Think before you speak on some subjects.

Now as I have posted, Mantle does NOT work for me, well atleast the current B E T A drivers. So everyone STFU. AMD warns you on the download page these drivers are BETA. You dont have to adopt mantle right now. It failed me miserably in BF4 with crashes etc... so I went back to 13.x until the offcial WHQL release is out. By that time it should be stabalised. Until you people are willing to invest billions in a company to make something better STFU!

I'd like to see some 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 comparisons between 780 (ti) vs 290x using an overclocked 4770k or 3930k. Betting on single gpu there's zero gains but crossfire probably big gains. I can see how mantle really makes the amd cpu owners happy. Optimizing cpu usage threw mantle instead of making a new architecture. Good call amd:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back