Antec three hundred case
Asus P5N-D motherboard
Intel Core2Quad q8200 233ghz CPU
Supertalent 2x 2gb DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 9800GT 512mb video card
Coolmax 500watt PSU
Hitachi Deskstar 500gb SATA hard drive
Liteon bluray/HD-DVD reader DVD/CD burner

After I initially installed Windows Vista 64bit onto the computer and the installation process restarted the computer, there would be no video on the monitor. I further confirmed this problem by booting into a memtest CD, running it for about a minute, and restarted the computer either by the escape key (to reboot the computer) or pressing the restart button on the case itself. Just incase memtest had a problem, I booted into Ubuntu Linux's LiveCD and restarted the OS itself, and it was the same thing. Even when I stayed in the BIOS for a while, then restarted it, it was the same thing.

I tried switching the power and reset switch; updated the video card drivers in Vista after I got into Windows; reseated/changed the RAM sticks (tried both in slot one individually); reseated the CPU and video; tried another video card with no external power (MSI geforce 9500GT); and using a less power PSU (Antec 350watt) which obviously didn't work. I also tried the 9500GT video card and the 350watt PSU, and it didn't work also. A coworker tried to flash the BIOS, but it failed (I'll try that myself).

Can anyone help? I'm about to swear off Asus forever because of this problem.

Back