Notebook Backpack

logan1

Gawd
Hey guys,
Today i recieved my Dell M90 (specs in sig). I am now looking for a good backpack to keep my lappy safe. Since this is my first laptop i dont really know what backpack to buy. Suggestion are welcome. Dimensions of laptop : 15.5” x 11.5” x 1.5”

thanx

backpacks arent really smart to carry your laptop in as your back is naturally curved and a curved laptop is a doa laptop. a bagg is the best option

also your stacking books with the laptop so a crushed laptop is a doa laptop

Check out Crumpler's line of laptop backpacks. They have a padded removal sleeve that integrates inside the bag and are built ricidulously tough. Mine has stood up to several years of abuse all while protecting my laptops perfectly.

who am I - I ask said:
backpacks arent really smart to carry your laptop in as your back is naturally curved and a curved laptop is a doa laptop. a bagg is the best option

also your stacking books with the laptop so a crushed laptop is a doa laptop
uhm you do know they make these backpacks knowing that they will be used for carrying laptops around. i'm pretty sure they're tough enough. and if your back curve can 'curve' a laptop, you have other issues. and your books are not going to crush your laptop

I got the Targus XL from newegg for my toshiba. Fits everything I need for the laptop and I am sure I could fit all my old college books in there too.

Do you want a laptop bag like the links or a backpack? The actual dell backpack is great, personally I'd go with that over a laptop bag if you're going to be doing a lot of walking.

ND40oz said:
Do you want a laptop bag like the links or a backpack?

Dont really know. Cause i know the backpack is good for walking around college but the bag look kooler. So i guess it would have to come down to price. Which ever one i get a better deal on.

BACKPACKS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/17-LAPTOP-BACKP...0QQihZ005QQcategoryZ31520QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BAGS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00022700742&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00020917100&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
http://www.axio-usa.com/

I have the tekno one and its well worth the money. My laptop fits inside of it just fine, but it takes up almost all the room. So instead I use the nice laptop case that alienware gives out and I put all the rest of my gear in the backpack (external HD, headphones, cell phone, power cables etc.)

That thing is hideous. I cant believe you walk around with that thing on. You probably look like a ghostbuster. lol

But hey, wear what you dig~!

I have a pretty large notebook (17" Dell e1705) and the backpack I use is just amazing. It's able to carry all my books including my laptop with no problems:

OGIO Bounty Hunter

Check out a review I did on it here .

i got a laptop recently and need to carry the laptop and books to school. i bought a targus from my local staples after trying it on my back. so i recommend you going into the store and try it. i bought a targus, there are more expensive alternatives... but i wanted to carry heavy ass textbooks as well. the bag does all i need and more. there are a ton of pockets. so i can carry the laptops, power adapter, ethernet cable, firewire cable, notebook mouse AND the books, folders and so on. it's good stuff but heavy. when i graduate next spring i plan to buy a laptop ONLY bag =). that lookx more professional.

showgun said:
I have a pretty large notebook (17" Dell e1705) and the backpack I use is just amazing. It's able to carry all my books including my laptop with no problems:

OGIO Bounty Hunter

Thats awesome. I just ordered off of Ebay as well.

showgun said:

OGIO Bounty Hunter

Sweet! a 17" version of the 15" Metro

Damn, I wish they'd do that for the Metroid as well....I might have to look into getting that and taking the Metroid back..

Yeah, this is an old thread but I didn't know where else to post a backpack opinion. I just picked up a Timbuk2 Track Day Pack. It really seems like Timbuk2 decided to build a backpack around a laptop carrier instead of building a laptop sleeve into an existing pack. It's both comfortable and sylish. It doesn't have any extra straps or frivilous pockets. Even the internal pockets are a far better than any other pack I've owned (North Face, Kelty, Osprey).. They also have a line of accessories for the shoulder straps to carry cell phones, camera, PDAs etc. within easy reach.

A+ in my opinion.

Edit: I didn't mention that you can build your own messenger bag and have it sent to you.

aburgard said:
Yeah, this is an old thread but I didn't know where else to post a backpack opinion. I just picked up a Timbuk2 Track Day Pack. It really seems like Timbuk2 decided to build a backpack around a laptop carrier instead of building a laptop sleeve into an existing pack. It's both comfortable and sylish. It doesn't have any extra straps or frivilous pockets. Even the internal pockets are a far better than any other pack I've owned (North Face, Kelty, Osprey).. They also have a line of accessories for the shoulder straps to carry cell phones, camera, PDAs etc. within easy reach.

A+ in my opinion.

Edit: I didn't mention that you can build your own messenger bag and have it sent to you.

$90. The price would drive me away from it :(

Thanks for the link to Timbuk2. I'm trying to decide between the Void and the Underground for my XPS M1210 (shipped Friday... YAY!). I like the Void a lot, but it looks like it might not have enough room for my books. I'm going to try to find one locally rather than ordering it online.

I was recently in the same boat with my M90, and I found the perfect solution. The BooqBags Python XL is what I bought, and while expensive, it is an amazingly nice bag. It can be found cheaper around the web. It is of extremely high quality materials and is built like a tank, while being able to hold a LOT of crap. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Carrying books plus a laptop has always been a pain in the arse. I can squeeze 2 books and a 1 subject notebook into my Timbuk2 when carrying the laptop. That's always been enough for me.

I really like the look of these sleeves .

Back