• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Notebook Audio Cards

gizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
1,861
What's out there audio wise to use with a notebook? Not just any old USB card...what's the mid tier stuff ($50 to $300 let's say?). I'm coming up with those numbers totally off the cuff...not sure if it gets way pricier than that or not.

I'm getting ready to sell off my desktop and pick up a notebook, and am interested in what all I ought to be looking for.
 
The Nuforce uDAC-2 is a good value at $130. External DACs can go up to 10k+. Make sure you check the DPC latency of the notebook before you decide to keep it.
 
I would agree with superballz00, the uDAC-2 from NuForce should be a good choice as a USB external dac, powered by your USB port. I used the uDAC-1 for a good six months and thought it did a nice job as a DAC. Now it's collecting dust after I upgraded to a DIY DAC.
 
Back
Top