Note 9

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
Anyone have one?

Looking to get ine to replace my pos sony xperia x2.

Are the cameras good? Camera in my sony is abysmal.

Anyone have one?

Looking to get ine to replace my pos sony xperia x2.

Are the cameras good? Camera in my sony is abysmal.

It's a good phone with excellent cameras, a nice display and healthy battery life, but it's also more than a year old and will be abandoned by Samsung in about a year. What's your phone budget? There may be newer, better-supported alternatives.

I could spend 1000 but dont need too. Note 10?

If you want good cameras and that kind of money, you have a number of choices. The Note 10 is an option, though you could go with a Galaxy S10 or S10+ if you don't really care for a stylus. There's there Pixel 4 XL if you don't mind so-so battery life and the face-only biometric authentication. And there is the iPhone 11 family if you don't mind iOS -- arguably the best cameras overall (no one else is as good at video), excellent battery life, and of course OS updates beyond 2-3 years.

My wife has had one since launch and it's been fine. Camera will be a big step up for sure, but it's not the best either, esp. when taking pics in low light and/or moving subjects. From what I've seen, Samsung phones haven't been much better each iteration over the other, so I don't see much value in considering the newer S10/Note 10 phones for a negligibly better camera. Note 9 still even has the wide and zoom lens as well. If you can get one for $400-$500, then I'd say it's worth it over spending more than twice that on a newer Note 10 and will be fine for you even after it stops receiving updates in a year or so. Pretty sure Samsung still releases quarterly updates for another year or so for the 3rd year of their phone's life too if that's important to you. Otherwise I don't see you missing out on much for not receiving another Android version since the last couple updates haven't added anything significant to the OS either.

I just got a note 9 to replace my LG v20, which had been becoming more and more slow over time. The note 9 has been the perfect replacement. The battery is very large and as such I can squeeze an entire day onto it with ease. Camera quality also blows it away. Performance is buttery smooth, honestly the best I've experienced on an android device in a LONG time.

My only gripe is the curved display, getting a screen protector for it is kind of a PITA, as most of the tempered glass ones are domed with adhesive only on the edges and this -can- affect touch sensitivity and they also are not as durable in terms of their adhesion. There were some plastic-composite based ones, but afaik they don't mfg them anymore. And then there are some of the traditional 'film' style ones, but I was impatient during the installation process because I was just so used to a flat screen, that I got frustrated and didn't even bother. So now I just try to treat the phone with care so as to not scratch the screen.

I just got a note 9 to replace my LG v20, which had been becoming more and more slow over time. The note 9 has been the perfect replacement. The battery is very large and as such I can squeeze an entire day onto it with ease. Camera quality also blows it away. Performance is buttery smooth, honestly the best I've experienced on an android device in a LONG time.

My only gripe is the curved display, getting a screen protector for it is kind of a PITA, as most of the tempered glass ones are domed with adhesive only on the edges and this -can- affect touch sensitivity and they also are not as durable in terms of their adhesion. There were some plastic-composite based ones, but afaik they don't mfg them anymore. And then there are some of the traditional 'film' style ones, but I was impatient during the installation process because I was just so used to a flat screen, that I got frustrated and didn't even bother. So now I just try to treat the phone with care so as to not scratch the screen.

Yeah, that's the main reason I hate curved screens too; you can't find any decent screen protectors for it, at least ones that aren't way overpriced at $50 or more. I had the same issue trying to find any protectors on my 2 XL and had to settle on a film one that's been good enough for me, though it's torn now from a few nasty spills so I need to replace it again at some point.

yea the xa2 ultra has a curved screen so I know about the screen protector crap. haven't been a huge issue on that with the case I have. Just a shit phone (the sony) its awfully slow and the camera is just the worst. I have 5 year old cell phones that take better photos.

I had a Note 8, replaced it with a Iphone 11 (hate it) so picked up a used (hopefully decent note 9 from fleabay) that should arrive in a couple days.

I assume the note 9 is a step up from the 8 from every review I've watched/read so I would say you would be really happy with the move if you pick one up.

Just from my experience with the Note 8, it was a phenomenal phone and Samsung isn't what it used to be, their phones/bloat/speed is soooo much better than they were back in the day when they got all the bad rap for that stuff.

Back