Note 4 Rumors

Trimlock

[H]F Junkie
There hasn't been much posted on this phone. I found a bunch of "blogs" of people just basically spouting off nonsense but Techradar did post something that was interesting to read.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/ph...y-note-4-release-date-news-and-rumors-1239700

Cliffs:

5.9" screen - I don't really believe this one at all, I don't think Samsung wants to increase their phone size much if any at all.
QHD resolution - Sure, seeing as LG does it, I doubt Samsung would not follow suit as well.
64 bit - I'd heard a while ago that Samsung is working on a ARMv8/A57 Exynos, I'd be interested to see how well this goes seeing as Samsung has worked out all the major bugs plaguing BIG.little. Of course this means here in the US we still get stuck with Qualcomm's SoC, so more then likely 805. This is my biggest worry, if Samsung develops for the 64bit side, they will most likely have to have another set for the 32bit counterpart here in the US.
4gb LPDDR3 - Wouldn't expect 4gb unless its a 64bit cpu, so US variants might be stuck with 3gb.
20mp Sensor - Nothing to report on type of flash, sensor type, auto focus "lazers" or if they farmed this one out. I bet they are probably making their own again, like they've been doing for some time. Unless they are planning on doing some impressive post processing with the 20mp I don't see why they would need to go past 13mp.

My bet is more applications using the Pen, continued use of USB3.0, IR blaster, Finger swipe thingy, eye tracking sensor.

What I would love is if they opened this device to be able to get WP8 on it as well. Choice of OS would be freaking awesome.

5.9" screen - I don't really believe this one at all, I don't think Samsung wants to increase their phone size much if any at all.

I'm not counting on it, but this is Samsung we're talking about. You know, the company which practically has a compulsion to increase screen sizes on every device, every year, for all eternity. I doubt it's going to let LG's 5.9-inch G Pro 2 go without an answer, whether or not it really makes a difference for users.

Beyond that: not sure about the rest of the specs, although 2560x1440 makes sense. I'm not sure that it'd ditch AMOLED just for a higher resolution. And an IFA launch is virtually a shoe-in given Samsung's recent history.

Last edited:
I'm not counting on it, but this is Samsung we're talking about. You know, the company which practically has a compulsion to increase screen sizes on every device, every year, for all eternity. I doubt it's going to let LG's 5.9-inch G Pro 2 go without an answer, whether or not it really makes a difference for users.

I agree, I can pretty easily see Samsung increasing the size of the Note 4 just so it can have a larger display. Considering that is what they have been doing with every phone release so far, at least for displays, not for overall phone size. But they pretty much squeezed the largest displays they could into the GS4 and Note 3 frame, so when they absolutely had to increase the GS5's display by .1", they had to increase the overall size and bezel of the GS5 as well, so I'm going to assume they're going to do the same thing with the Note 4.

Who knows when they'll stop.. I wouldn't doubt the Note 8 in 2018 being up to 8" if we don't have foldable/flexible displays by then. :p

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be increased, but not by .2" as that would be a rather BIG increase.

The increases from the S4 to S5 weren't very big at all.

The increases from the Note 2 to Note 3 weren't even noticeable.

As for going away from SAMOLED, I don't think its out of the question. It would be a big hit to their SAMOLED reputation though, I think they will try to stick to it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be increased, but not by .2" as that would be a rather BIG increase.

The increases from the S4 to S5 weren't very big at all.

The increases from the Note 2 to Note 3 weren't even noticeable.

Considering they've leapt by .2" in the previous Note successors, I could see them doing it again. They went from 5.3" to 5.5", to 5.7" in the Note phones so far. The overall size from the Note 2 to Note 3 wasn't noticeable because it was pretty much the same size. But considering the size increase in both display and overall size from the GS4 to GS5, it seems to me that Samsung is willing to sacrifice anything, including overall portability in order to increase the screen size, which I think is retarded. They should have kept the GS5 the same size as the GS4, and if that means that the screen stays at 5", then it's for the better. Which is what I hope they do with the Note 4 (keep the same screen size and overall dimensions).

Well the note's body size hasn't changed since the first, just bezel. The S5 increase was marginal.

I still don't think they increase it, they have the mega line they can't creep into!

Last edited:
The dual OS thing got killed by Google. If they want Google Play, you must lock down the platform for Android only, and the device must be unique as in the WP model cannot look exactly alike.

The Note 3 is the perfect size as is for a Phablet.

But Samsung does have the trend of increasing the screen size on each new generation. It's starting to get a little old already. I think 5.7" is enough. And keep the S5 at 5", but whatever.

I expect the Note 4 to have a 5.8" screen, just because Samsung increased the S5 .01" over the S4, and they will do the same for the Note 4.

My predictions on the Note 4;

- 5.8" screen
- Snapdragon 805
- 3GB RAM
- QHD Display
- 3300mAh battery
- Android 4.4.3 maybe 4.5

I just hope it's not locked down like the S5 is, with zero development, no rooting, no custom ROM's

Last edited:
Back