Not sure which graphics card path to take

Bradster

Weaksauce
Hi,

I have an Asus 8ln-sli board with an AMD x2 3800, 2gb G-Skill ram and currently an XFX 7800GT extreme which is being RMA'ed due to the fan being on 100% all the time.

I placed an order for a GTX 512 from BFG (I am in the UK) but stock is scare and im looking at weeks before there is any possible stock.

So I am left with the following: what do I buy instead?

Would 2 x GT be better than one GTX 512?

Should I get the ATi 1800XT 512? Would 2 x GT be better than an 1800XT?

I'm pretty sure that the SLI 7800GT's will outperform the single X1800XT 512mb. But I say go for the X1800XT since it's extra features and lack of bugs associated with SLI outweigh the performance difference.

But if you can wait, it is probably better to stay put and wait for the next generation since they're right around the corner. Even if you can't afford an X1900 or 7900, it'll lower the price on current stock.

Sc4freak said:
I'm pretty sure that the SLI 7800GT's will outperform the single X1800XT 512mb. But I say go for the X1800XT since it's extra features and lack of bugs associated with SLI outweigh the performance difference.

But if you can wait, it is probably better to stay put and wait for the next generation since they're right around the corner. Even if you can't afford an X1900 or 7900, it'll lower the price on current stock.

Thanks for the reply, but I can't wait for them! I need a card now as my original is being returned.

Back