Not sure what this is called...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domingow

2[H]4U
Hi,
So I have a "problem" and I am not sure what to look for in solving it.
My issue that I an unable to concisely describe is:
Main box hibernates rather then fully shutting down. (This is what I want)
On the main box I RDP into two separate terminals.
I fed both login credentials to the remote desktop connection manager and I am able to connect seamlessly without having to provide additional authentication steps.

My problem is that whenever I resume my main box from hibernation both terminals are asking for login info again. It happens even if I close and re-open the remote desktop connection. This does not happen when I reboot my main box.

What do I need to do to stop this? (My hands are full and I don't want to bother to type in my info again and again with a squirmy rugrat in my arms---stay at home dad yo)

Thanks for looking.

That is normal behavior. If I am understanding you correctly, whether it is hibernation or shutdown, it is the same thing to a RDP connection, the connection is lost and needs to be established again. You cannot stop that behavior, it is by design. You can, however, save the RDP connection credentials when you put them in and then when you reconnect, it will not ask again.

I think a recent client-side RDP update made it so that if the RDP host is not fully updated then you have to type your credentials in even if they are entered into the RDP authentication modal on the client. Try updating the server, might need the most recent cumulative update.

I think a recent client-side RDP update made it so that if the RDP host is not fully updated then you have to type your credentials in even if they are entered into the RDP authentication modal on the client. Try updating the server, might need the most recent cumulative update.

Thanks, that seems like the culprit I'll run the updater and see what happens. (FWIW this issue arose after updating the win10 box)

After 1.6gb of updates for the remote terminal....(File dump, storage for HTPC) RDP seems to be working again.
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back