Not sure if this is the right forum for this or not - booting from USB Flash Drive

ekierce

Gawd
Now, I was attempting so set up a Windows 7 install using a USB Flash drive.

I create the image on the flash drive, and have successfully booted from it and used it on several machines around the office.

However, when I take it home and attempt to use it in my machine there, it halts at verifying the DMI pool and goes no further. If I remove the drive, the machine boots fine.

Any ideas? System is in sig. Have set BIOS to have USB device as first boot device, and the "removable device priority" shows the flash drive as the only available device.

I've gone ahead and installed from a DVD, but I'd like to get this working for future use (just to have a bootable flash drive for BIOS updates, etc.).

I dont know if youre evga is the same as my ud5. But my ud5 does the same thing unless i dissable the onboard ide controllers. so worth a chance there

I dont know if youre evga is the same as my ud5. But my ud5 does the same thing unless i dissable the onboard ide controllers. so worth a chance there

Okay, I'll give that a shot tonight. I'm not using them anyway :).

Thanks.

Back