not sure if proper area, but Win10 and Office 2003/outlook email issue with links

JNavy89GT

[H]ard|Gawd
prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

Did you try to hold down the Control key and then click? Honestly, Office 2003 is really old. I won't be surprised if a lot of things in it don't work with Windows 10.

I've had trouble getting Office 2003 working in Windows 7 let alone Windows 10. How far back do you think an OS should maintain application compatibility? Office 2003 came out 13 years ago and hasn't received a patch in 9 years.

There are very few XP era applications that work on 10 without having issues.

IIRC, all of Office 2003 minus Outlook works fine in Windows 10. Outlook 2003 has issues but there are ways to fix the issues, just takes some search-fu and some config magic.

IIRC, all of Office 2003 minus Outlook works fine in Windows 10. Outlook 2003 has issues but there are ways to fix the issues, just takes some search-fu and some config magic.
One thing I had to do to get Outlook 2003 running on 7 was to set Outlook to run as Administrator in compatibility mode. You get UAC prompt each time it runs but at least it works. The OP may need to do the same with 10.

i still have an old student copy of 2003 so it's what I use. I should also mention the link function worked up until a week or two ago, then derp!

prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

If it works in Edge or Chrome but not in IE try this: Outlook Links Won't Open In Windows 10

Back