Not sure how to use display settings

locutus24

[H]ard|Gawd
First off let me get out that I havent used any windows products in my home since win98 i think it was. Because of various circumstances such as getting a 64bit processor and seeing that microsoft was offering a trial for win xp 64bit pro i thought i would try it. I also have a monitor that rotates which is something i really enjoyed utilizing on my linux box, cause i was able to rotate it no issues under linux. Now though, the operating system that what is it said to be at 75+% people use, cant rotate a monitor for me :confused: .
http://locutus25.selfip.org/files/what_to_do.PNG
If you could it would be great if you could help me with this what i would consider small problem,
Please and Thank You
locutus24

Forgot to mention that I did install drivers both from evga and from nvidia both yielded zero results as far as providing options for rotation

I have a 7800 and the latest gforce drivers from nvidia and it has options to rotate the screen. Its under Display settings, Advanced then there is an Nvidia Tab, and its under the NVRotate option.

Well no such nvidia tab is to be found, almost was enjoying windows up until this small issue put me way off. Well i still have several months left on the trial, so maybe in that time i will get lucky and will be able to rotate my monitor which makes it much easier to read long articales.

Try loading the drivers for your monitor as well. I have that tab on my drivers, so it should be there. In fact, if you right click on the Nvidia icon in the system tray, it should give you rotational options.

locutus24 said:
and seeing that microsoft was offering a trial for win xp 64bit pro i thought i would try it.

I think I missed the 64-bit part. In that case, no where close to 75% of the world uses it. But I have a feeling drivers aren't nearly as mature on XP64 compared to XP. In that case, my original link is wrong, and this is the correct link:

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/84.25/84.25_forceware_winxp64_english.exe

However...i have a feeling you're smart enough to try both 32bit and 64 bit drivers, and in that case, i have no idea then. I've never used XP64, so someone else is gonna have to step in. Good luck man.

Back