Not Pulling A Network Gateway

/usr/home

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
6,160
I'm having some problems with a computer here. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but nevertheless, I figure some of you guys might be able to help me.

Here's the screenshot - http://www.pc-tech.ca/files/ipconfig_screenshot.JPG.

Notice that's it's not pulling a gateway, and it should be, therefore I have no internet. This is with an EVDO USB adapter. I tried the adapter on multiple other computers and it works fine. The gateway should be the same as the IP, it is on the other computers. This computer is running XP. I have tried repair installing XP, resetting the TCP stack, resetting WINSOCK, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. The computer works fine with it's onboard ethernet and WLAN, but not this adapter. Have you guys ever ran across this before? It has me stumped.... The hardware checks fine, I tested HDD and RAM, and everything else is fine, no malware or anything. Thanks in advance.
 
That's just it, it IS enabled. I have no static IP set and I have it set to pull DNS, Gateway, and IP.
 
Oh Windozzzzze, it's been a while since I was fixing you.

I noticed it's a PPP connection -- did you try going to network connections --> properties of that connection -> Networking tab -> TCP/IP properties -> Advanced... -> "Use default gateway on remote network" --> Try checking that.
 
^ I just was posting that as the fix when I refreshed and saw it. That fixed it. It's all working as it should be now. Thanks for the answer, even if I just found it :).
 
You need to double check the computer for DHCP.

On top of that what is the DHCP scope of the router it's connected to? If it's not 198.230.120.xx then you're staticed out.

It wasn't a router, that's the IP that the ISP gave me since this is using an EVDO card. (198.x.x.x is not a valid private IP address anyways.)
 
It wasn't a router, that's the IP that the ISP gave me since this is using an EVDO card. (198.x.x.x is not a valid private IP address anyways.)

Nevermind then... skimming is bad practice when reading sometimes. For some reason when I see 192.xxx.xxx.xxx anything I think of some kind of local device handing out IP's :p

EDIT: Fuckin A nevermind again, it's 198 ><, brb gonna disable my [H] account because I fail miserably.
 
Nevermind then... skimming is bad practice when reading sometimes. For some reason when I see 192.xxx.xxx.xxx anything I think of some kind of local device handing out IP's :p

EDIT: Fuckin A nevermind again, it's 198 ><, brb gonna disable my [H] account because I fail miserably.

Hahaha, happens to the best of us, I had to double-look too when I saw that. :D
 
Back
Top