Not impressed with my Audigy 2zs anymore

Check

Weaksauce
The sound card works well with almost everything but little stuff like not being able to play Fable with it (disabling my sound card will allow the game to work) and issues with Teamspeak and Ventrilo (microphone microphone problems) are making me want to sell the game.

(I've tried all the openAL shit that was offered to fix Fable, and the ventrilo/teamspeak error I didn't even bother with because I didn't want to dick around with something I only use occasionally)

recommendations on better sound cards for reasonabe price (< $125)

yep, looks like the X-Fi XtremeMusic would be your best choice, i just got it a couple weeks ago, and i love it, my onboard just wasnt cutting it, so i picked up mine for $99 at best buy, they've had it at that price since black friday (day after thaksgiving) so, quite a while, but dont know how much longer it will go on. it retails for $129 though.
~Hope this Helps!~

The problem with fable is probably software or driver related and most microphones suck going through the soundcard anyways.. usb mic's are way better in my experiance. ymmv

Elderblaze said:
The problem with fable is probably software or driver related

Agreed, the Audigy 2 is pretty much the standard when it comes to gaming soundcards.

i bought my X-Fi at Best Buy for 119$ (replaced an Audigy 2 with it) and all i can say is WOW...theres clearly a better quality of sound comming out of my Z680's from the moment i 1st fired it up i could tell the difference
i can post various Screen Shots of the NEW control center if your interested...let me know

Back