Not happy with the p180

gazza_new said:
I was thinking of the side vents next to the expansion cards, where the GPU blower goes! Btw, why don't you send a picture of your case and we can see whats up?

You have 2x 24" widescreen LCD's? wow, i'd love to see a picture of them too!

I'll take some pics tonight and post them. That is a good idea about those vents. Doesnt hurt to try that.

Here is a pic with my Antec p160 and the dells.

homedesk04.jpg

I did unplug the top case fan and set something over the top of it. It raised my temps a few degrees. My front 120mm fan is working. I took out the hdd cage to test it. I ordered 5 Nexus silent 120mm fans and should have them by the end of the week. I am still debating on getting a H20-APEX and just go water cooling for ultra silent.

Do you guys think if I took out the secondary fan in my seasonic 600w that it would cause a problem? It just just blowing at the bottom of the case. I need to order some longer cables too so I can work on my cable management. I didnt have a chance to measure my power cables last night but hope to tonight.

sweet looking setup, very clean. those dells look just like my buddies ultra sharps he got last year. nice. makes my desk look like the local landfill :eek:

Teecee said:
I did unplug the top case fan and set something over the top of it. It raised my temps a few degrees. My front 120mm fan is working. I took out the hdd cage to test it. I ordered 5 Nexus silent 120mm fans and should have them by the end of the week. I am still debating on getting a H20-APEX and just go water cooling for ultra silent.

Do you guys think if I took out the secondary fan in my seasonic 600w that it would cause a problem? It just just blowing at the bottom of the case. I need to order some longer cables too so I can work on my cable management. I didnt have a chance to measure my power cables last night but hope to tonight.

The seasonic fan is sucking not blowing, it is sucking in fresh air and exhausting it out the back of the PSU. Dont remove it.

I'm saving for a DELL, I get major envy looking at my buddy's. I've never liked the p160, although the quietness and simplicity of the p180 piqued my interest. My best luck has always been with the coolermasters for cooling, go figure. :rolleyes:

Back