Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
undeadsac said:What would happen if you plugged in two companies 6600GT cards in a SLI setup, would it work are is the architecture varied enough to cause it to fail?
ameoba said:I think it's listed as an "unsupported configuration" but, since most companies don't really vary from the reference design, it'd probably work. You're probably better off getting 2 identical cards, tho - if it doesn't work, you can actually get support without having them say "It's not my problem, go ask your mother",
couldn't you score 8k in 3dMark03 with 1 6600GT?undeadsac said:IT WORKS Scored approx 8k in 3dMark03
no problem at all with a Gigabyte 6600GT and a EVGA 6600GT w/ an asus board. A8N Sli Deluxe
Zinn said:couldn't you score 8k in 3dMark03 with 1 6600GT?
As long as the BIOS revisions are the same (flashyflash), and it's the same PCB layout and design, I don't see what the problem could be...
Heh, that doesn't mean I have the balls to try it myself
revenant said:With the new drivers, you can mix different mfg's cards, of the same !model! and it should work... if you're really worried about stbility, you can always flash the bios from one card to the other and things should work fine... granted, some cards have higher/lower default clocks, like BFG and XFX, so you will want to make sure both your cards run @ the same speeds hapily and independently, before pairing them in SLI.
crap.. I can't find the article now... but it's out there... somewhere... the 77.72 drivers allow this I believe.![]()
revenant said:Has anyone tried the 80.40 betas with a mis-matched mfg card pair?
undeadsac said:I installed the drivers, but havent had the opportunity to do anything yet. I'll check tonight to see if it works or not though.
revenant said:Hmmmm... Are you sure your motherboard is in SLI mode? with the little SLI selector card between the PCI-E slots? Wait, did you try going to the "advanced" section of the video properties, and the Nvidia tab... that's where all the goodies are...![]()
They should probably ahve the same bios in order to work in SLI.undeadsac said:Yep, I tried this last night with the 77.** drivers and it gives me the option to enable SLI, when I do and reboot the computer gets all the way to the WINXP load screen and when windows would normally show the logon screen the monitor just goes black and refuses to do anything.
When I followed the same proc. using 8*.** drivers it says something like "you must first remove any not SLI compatible cards" it doesnt say which card is not allowing SLI, but both cards had SLI compatible on their boxes/instructions. They are eVGA and a Gigabyte cards. The cards look exactly alike physically. Its just frustrating.
eno-on said:They should probably ahve the same bios in order to work in SLI.
Well, there ya goundeadsac said:......
not working so far.
Ruffy said:no go
same maker
same card
same model or no SLI
Ruffy said:no go
same maker
same card
same model or no SLI
lockheed2266 said:Well there is something wrong with everyones judgement about the 2nd post and so on, He posted 05-31-2005, That was about 6 months ago, and the 8x.xx drivers were not even released i believe.
lockheed2266 said:Acculay your wrong there, the new drivers support different manufacturers for for the sam card.. the 8x.xx drivers...