• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Not done yet...

PsychoSocket

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 17, 2002
Messages
236
But I thought I'd make a progress thread for myself. This is my first true mod. I started with a crummy beige aluminum case, basically a boring box. I cut a window in the top and the sides (I'm currently looking for the plexiglass piece that I cut for the top, lol. lost it), put some molding around it, and then polished up some screws that I bought.

Sorry the pics are so crappy, but the lighting was horrible. I'll try and take better ones for the next time around.

compcase1.jpg

compcase2.jpg


I am buying some new LED's for the front this weekend (I'm going with blue LED's because I will be doing UV lighting on the inside), and I was wondering what voltage I should get. I bought some 5 volts from Radio Shack, but they blew as soon as I tried them. Any ideas?

Sorry about the newb question, but that's what I am when it comes to all this. :p
 
Looks good so far. Hope to see sum better mods also :)

I've seen those blue circle things on tv.... there wouldent be any ghosts around there eh? :p
 
Originally posted by PsychoSocket
I am buying some new LED's for the front this weekend (I'm going with blue LED's because I will be doing UV lighting on the inside), and I was wondering what voltage I should get. I bought some 5 volts from Radio Shack, but they blew as soon as I tried them. Any ideas?

Sorry about the newb question, but that's what I am when it comes to all this. :p
 
Check the forsale boards. Username: left is selling some fantastic LED's. Assuming he has some left, go pick some up, you can get blue or white in 3mm or 5mm, and they're REALLY bright. The 5mm white ones are blinding, like, flash-your-friend-in-the-face-with-your-optical-mouse-before-it-dims-when-you-lift-it-up blinding :p
 
Back
Top