I am currently using Sparkle GTS 250 low profile gfx card
+
SyncMaster T190 (no it doesnt have a HDMI plug)
which suppose to display up to 1440x900 to be happy.
but with the DVI plugged in, when boot up to POST, I dont get to see anything, until it boots all the way up to window.
Not too bothered.
But, if I set it to 1440x900, it will start.... panning?overscan? sorry i dont know what the technical word for it is...
what i mean is the screen will display the picture, but you will have to move the mouse to the edge of the screen to see the other part of the picture. (if u have a eeepc 901, and set it to 1024x768, u will knew what i mean =/ )
the only way to "fix" it is to plug it into VGA port with the DVI adopter, and get to NVIDIA control panel -> display -> change res -> Add resolution... and add 1440x900.
Before you ask, yes I have tried updating to the latest driver before, not only it didnt solve the DVI problem, it also break my "VGA fixed solution".
I have also have 2 other gfx card, all had the same problem. I only remember one of them was Galaxy 9600 GT low profile. Same problem, same "solution".
And yes, I have also try another screen, also same problem =/
Can anyone figure out what is going on here?
Even though I can get it working "fine" with the VGA solution, but all the games does not recognize what my max res is.... so i m always stuck at playing 1280x800 =(
i want my 1440x900 gaming =(
+
SyncMaster T190 (no it doesnt have a HDMI plug)
which suppose to display up to 1440x900 to be happy.
but with the DVI plugged in, when boot up to POST, I dont get to see anything, until it boots all the way up to window.
Not too bothered.
But, if I set it to 1440x900, it will start.... panning?overscan? sorry i dont know what the technical word for it is...
what i mean is the screen will display the picture, but you will have to move the mouse to the edge of the screen to see the other part of the picture. (if u have a eeepc 901, and set it to 1024x768, u will knew what i mean =/ )
the only way to "fix" it is to plug it into VGA port with the DVI adopter, and get to NVIDIA control panel -> display -> change res -> Add resolution... and add 1440x900.
Before you ask, yes I have tried updating to the latest driver before, not only it didnt solve the DVI problem, it also break my "VGA fixed solution".
I have also have 2 other gfx card, all had the same problem. I only remember one of them was Galaxy 9600 GT low profile. Same problem, same "solution".
And yes, I have also try another screen, also same problem =/
Can anyone figure out what is going on here?
Even though I can get it working "fine" with the VGA solution, but all the games does not recognize what my max res is.... so i m always stuck at playing 1280x800 =(
i want my 1440x900 gaming =(