• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Not Detecting HDD

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
7,279
A few months ago I was using this Maxtor 80GB HDD (PATA, 7200, about 2-3 yrs old). After I received my 300GB drive I gave my dad the 80GB HDD. He already had a 120GB installed in his PC so he installed Vista RC1 on the 80GB to try it out. Well, I needed the drive back again a few months later since I'm currently running on 5GB and when I hooked it up my PC would not detect it. So, since it was last working on my dad's PC, I hooked it up to his, now it is not even being detected on his. I've also tried disconnecting all my HDDs and let the 80GB run alone, still wasn't detected. The drive still has Vista on it. I am clueless on how to solve this problem, if it can indeed be solved. Thanks for any help.
 
Wow, thats weird. I would say ESD had its fun with it, being it is winter and all. :eek:

Happened to a 7GB (yeah its old) drive of mine when i wasnt to careful about it. just a little shock and it wouldnt start or boot for that matter. (the spindle spun and stopped and then just stopped completley.)

Try to see if it even spins up when you start it. (just listen to the drive)
 
MediaRocker said:
Wow, thats weird. I would say ESD had its fun with it, being it is winter and all. :eek:

Happened to a 7GB (yeah its old) drive of mine when i wasnt to careful about it. just a little shock and it wouldnt start or boot for that matter. (the spindle spun and stopped and then just stopped completley.)

Try to see if it even spins up when you start it. (just listen to the drive)

Hmm, never lost a piece to ESD. I do not have any carpet in my house either. I'll go see if it spins later today, thanks.
 
Back
Top