not detecting drives

chico64

n00b
Im having a problem on new mobo asus a7n8x-e delux evrything boots up fine and erverything works fine but I cant get my cd drives to work in bios it only detects one but not my other everything is plugged in correctly and seems to be configgured right so whats the problem. :cool:

Jumpers? call customer service for either the MOBO or those Optics drives.

Update bios took care of my IDE HD detection problem. I also bought a TRUEPOWER Antec 430 Watt power supply. That helped stability also...

I was getting a stupid "No 80 pin cable installed" and I tried 3 different 80 ping cables that I knew for a damn fact worked. I updated the bios afterwards and it magically stopped putting that message up and my drives stopped disappearing.

chico64 said:
bad ide cable.

Err...terrible SATA cable?

OOPS, sorry, you're not playing word or phrase assoication. You're saying you just had a bad IDE cable. Nevermind. ;)

Me

could be a bad ide slot on the motherboard... use the other slot or rma the board

I had the same exact problem. Did you install the raid/ide drivers when asked when installing windows? Usually have to hit F6 and use the floppy supplied by Asus. I had the same problem, I wasn't using raid so I didn't install the drivers. I reinstalled windows, but this time I installed the raid and mass storage drivers from the floppy by hitting F6 when asked. The drivers are not exclusively used by windows and is required upon boot up before windows starts.

Back