Greatone123
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- May 10, 2006
- Messages
- 1,293
ok first off I bow down to the might of the [H]orde I do not fold for Team 33, for my own reasons, but I come seeking knowledge...
I've got 3 computers running SMP. (I use Notfred's SMP Folding CD)
1: 3800+ Skt 939, 3GB ram ALL STOCK (headless SMP) FAHMON: 887 PPD
2: 3600+ Skt AM2, 1GB ram OCed @ 2.2 Ghz (Headless SMP) FAHMON: 1024 PPD
3: 4800+ Skt Am2, 2GB ram OCed @ 2.8 Ghz (VMWare SMP) FAHMON: 2500 PPD <--
#3 is running Windows 2003 EE SP2
Seriously do you see what I'm talkin about now? NO WAY can 600 Mhz more then 2x my PPD.... it's the same project 2605 I don't know if it's a fluke or what... it's done this for 2 WUs
[22:28:59] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[22:28:59] Version 1.74 (November 27, 2006)
[22:28:59]
[22:28:59] Preparing to commence simulation
[22:28:59] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[22:29:16] - Assembly optimizations manually forced on.
[22:29:16] - Not checking prior termination.
[22:29:17] - Expanded 2438763 -> 12897049 (decompressed 528.8 percent)
[22:29:17] - Starting from initial work packet
[22:29:17]
[22:29:17] Project: 2605 (Run 15, Clone 231, Gen 17)
[22:29:17]
[22:29:17] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[22:29:17] Entering M.D.
[22:29:23] Rejecting checkpoint
[22:29:23] Protein: Protein in POPCExtra SSE boost OK.
[22:29:23]
[22:29:23] Extra SSE boost OK.
[22:29:24] Writing local files
[22:29:24] Completed 0 out of 500000 steps (0 percent)
[22:39:42] Writing local files
[22:39:42] Completed 5000 out of 500000 steps (1 percent)
[22:50:02] Writing local files
[22:50:02] Completed 10000 out of 500000 steps (2 percent)
[23:00:19] Writing local files
[23:00:19] Completed 15000 out of 500000 steps (3 percent)
[23:10:49] Writing local files
[23:10:49] Completed 20000 out of 500000 steps (4 percent)
I'm by all means not complaining... just wondering if someone could possibly explain why? according to this It will complete 1 SMP unit in less then 17 Hrs... do I need to buy more 4800+'s lol?
http://24.28.80.122/screen.jpg
If this is normal... then what's wrong with my others?! lol and if it's not... any ideas why it's so awesome? any info needed feel free to ask cause I'm just dieing to figure it out...
I've got 3 computers running SMP. (I use Notfred's SMP Folding CD)
1: 3800+ Skt 939, 3GB ram ALL STOCK (headless SMP) FAHMON: 887 PPD
2: 3600+ Skt AM2, 1GB ram OCed @ 2.2 Ghz (Headless SMP) FAHMON: 1024 PPD
3: 4800+ Skt Am2, 2GB ram OCed @ 2.8 Ghz (VMWare SMP) FAHMON: 2500 PPD <--
#3 is running Windows 2003 EE SP2
Seriously do you see what I'm talkin about now? NO WAY can 600 Mhz more then 2x my PPD.... it's the same project 2605 I don't know if it's a fluke or what... it's done this for 2 WUs
[22:28:59] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[22:28:59] Version 1.74 (November 27, 2006)
[22:28:59]
[22:28:59] Preparing to commence simulation
[22:28:59] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[22:29:16] - Assembly optimizations manually forced on.
[22:29:16] - Not checking prior termination.
[22:29:17] - Expanded 2438763 -> 12897049 (decompressed 528.8 percent)
[22:29:17] - Starting from initial work packet
[22:29:17]
[22:29:17] Project: 2605 (Run 15, Clone 231, Gen 17)
[22:29:17]
[22:29:17] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[22:29:17] Entering M.D.
[22:29:23] Rejecting checkpoint
[22:29:23] Protein: Protein in POPCExtra SSE boost OK.
[22:29:23]
[22:29:23] Extra SSE boost OK.
[22:29:24] Writing local files
[22:29:24] Completed 0 out of 500000 steps (0 percent)
[22:39:42] Writing local files
[22:39:42] Completed 5000 out of 500000 steps (1 percent)
[22:50:02] Writing local files
[22:50:02] Completed 10000 out of 500000 steps (2 percent)
[23:00:19] Writing local files
[23:00:19] Completed 15000 out of 500000 steps (3 percent)
[23:10:49] Writing local files
[23:10:49] Completed 20000 out of 500000 steps (4 percent)
I'm by all means not complaining... just wondering if someone could possibly explain why? according to this It will complete 1 SMP unit in less then 17 Hrs... do I need to buy more 4800+'s lol?
http://24.28.80.122/screen.jpg
If this is normal... then what's wrong with my others?! lol and if it's not... any ideas why it's so awesome? any info needed feel free to ask cause I'm just dieing to figure it out...

